Happy New Year & Thanks

  • KNHBRIST1
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2010
      First a Happy New Year to all !!!
      I also want to take a moment to reflect back and thank WUHU for all he does for us. It was a few years ago that I started looking for software for my LaCrosse WS2310. I wanted to upload to Weather Underground. Well low and behold after much research, I downloaded WUHU and started my time uploading to WU. I chose WUHU because it seemed to offer exactly what I wanted and was not a resource hog on my old computer. I thought it was just an amazing piece of software and I could not believe that the author actually responded to questions, concerns, etc. and that it was FREE. Well that was a few years ago and although I thought it was great then, I am amazed at where is has gone since then. How quickly does the author fix bugs or add functions when they are suggested? Where else do you get that kind of customer service? Oh and did I mention it was FREE. I have missed 2 days of uploading in the past 4 or 5 years and that was due to a lightning strike taking out my serial port. The software is bullet proof, so to speak.
      So, I just want to thank the author of WUHU for all he has done this past year and look forward to another year anxiously awaiting any new enhancements that might come our way. THANK YOU :)
    • Don
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2010
        Ditto to everything that Steve said!
        Don

        On 1/1/2010 6:51 AM, KNHBRIST1 wrote:

[...]

      • Rick
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 1, 2010
          I'd like to steal every thing Steve said and add this. On top of all that Heath has become a friend, to many here including me. We have had some great exchanges both educational and funny as all heck at times. I've learned a lot from Heath, Steve and some others here.

          Now I look forward to sharing with those who will go through some of the same learning steps we all have. In short this is just a great place for all of us who have the desire to contribute our data for others to use. Thank You Heath, thank you Steve, Thank You Don, and everyone else. I know 2010 will be better yet.

          Rick
          KOHWAPAK1
          www.wapakweather.com

        • cookevilleweatherguy@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 1, 2010
            I agree with Rick, Don, & Steve. Awesome program with incredible response times.

            Looking forward to running WUHU with my new Davis Vantage Vue.

            From: "Rick" <cfr301@...>
            Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 16:54:02 -0000
            To: <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Happy New Year & Thanks

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 1, 2010
              Thanks for the compliments guys.

              It has been long journey since the humble beginnings of the program.

              For chuckles, check out the main screen for version 1.0.19 back at the inception of the program:

              WUHU 1.0.19 Screenshot

              I never really anticipated creating a bit of a monster but it has been fun.

              Thanks to all of those who have helped make the program what it is today.

              Hopefully, over the next couple of years, there will be a new version written in C# with much fancier graphics and user interface. I have learned quite a few lessons of what to do and what not to do over the course of the development that will go along way to making the re-write the best weather application available. Now if I can only find the time to do it...

              Thanks again.

              Heath

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, cookevilleweatherguy@... wrote:

              > I agree with Rick, Don, & Steve. Awesome program with incredible response times.
              >
              > Looking forward to running WUHU with my new Davis Vantage Vue.

            • David Lipper
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 1, 2010
                On 2010-01-01 13:40, wuhu_software wrote:

                Thanks for the compliments guys.

                It has been long journey since the humble beginnings of the program.

                For chuckles, check out the main screen for version 1.0.19 back at the inception of the program:

                WUHU 1.0.19 Screenshot

                I never really anticipated creating a bit of a monster but it has been fun.

                Thanks to all of those who have helped make the program what it is today.

                Hopefully, over the next couple of years, there will be a new version written in C# with much fancier graphics and user interface. I have learned quite a few lessons of what to do and what not to do over the course of the development that will go along way to making the re-write the best weather application available. Now if I can only find the time to do it...

                Thanks again.

                Heath

                What a contrast from the current screen!

                I want to join all the wishes and gratitude for WUHU.  It's an excellent program, from a great guy and with a great support group here.
                Happy New Year!
              • Joe Sulkowski
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 1, 2010
                  Ditto here. You rock. I've always wanted to upload to Weatherbug and you made it happen. Thanks for all the support and hard work you provide for us amateurs. We couldn't do it without your dedication to making the product better. I looked at the first version, man you've come along way. Thanks again.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 2, 2010
                    Hear here!  Well said!  I wholeheartedly agree!