B98, WeatherBug Upload Failure Alarm, Improved real-time update threading.

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2009

      I have created a new alarm for Weatherbug upload failures. This follows the same setup as the alarms for the other weather servers.

      Also included is an improved real-time upload capability where real-time uploads to Weather Underground and Weatherbug will not interfere with each other. A new dedicated thread is created for real-time uploads and are timed separately. This feature will be beneficial if one of the servers goes down or is slow.

      If this works out well, I will probably separate the general uploads to CWOP, AWEKAS, PWSweather in the same way. If any of those services are slow, they could affect real-time uploads although this seems rare.

      If you have any difficulties with these features, let me know.

      Thanks.

      WUHU216_32_B98.zip

    • Joe Sulkowski
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2010
        Any special instructions on installing the new software? Will it install over the existing software?

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2010
          It SHOULD load right over your current version. I've never had a problem with it.

          Rick
          KOHWAPAK1
          www.wapakweather.com

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Joe Sulkowski <jsulk2005@...> wrote:

          > Any special instructions on installing the new software? Will it install over the existing software?

        • Joe Sulkowski
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2010
            Thanks a lot rick, I'll give it a shot.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 1, 2010
              You can generally just run the installer, it will send a message to the running copy telling it to shut down so that the installer can run.

              If you run two copies of WUHU (as a few do), you will probably need to manually shut them down. I suppose I could put a loop in the installer to check for multiples copies. I should probably do that.