Wind Rose

  • Neil
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 27, 2009
      Where do I find the download?
      Neil
    • KNHBRIST1
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 27, 2009
        Message 15797 has the latest refresh download, which includes the wind rose.
        Steve

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 28, 2009
          You can also just download the latest release from the software download page. The link to the software download page is given in the Yahoo Groups description when you enter the group.

          > Message 15797 has the latest refresh download, which includes the wind rose.
          > Steve
          >
          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Neil" <clarkn71@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Where do I find the download?
          > > Neil

        • ronw72
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 14, 2010
            This may be a dumb question, but what are all of the numbers on the Wind Rose chart?

            Since this is the first time I have seen the latest version of the wuhu uploader it is the first time I have seen the Wind Rose. There are a bunch of squares with numbers that keep changing.

            Thanks,

            Ron

            PS wind chill of 18 so far in Tampa
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 14, 2010
              The last 10 minutes of all wind readings is displayed. The number is dependent on how fast your console updates. The higher the number the newer the reading.

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 15, 2010
                What do the numbers in the little boxes represent?

                Should the direction NEE be ENE, and SEE be ESE, and etc?

                Thanks,

                Ron

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 15, 2010
                  The numbers represent updates from the console. The lowest number is the oldest update, the largest number is the newest update. The number of updates is dependent on the type of console. Some consoles update only once per minute, others update 20 times per minute.

                  Regardless of the number on the labels, all samples are less than 10 minutes old.

                  You can determine the direction by looking at the labels on the outer edge of the wind rose.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 15, 2010
                    Thanks,

                    Ron

                    > The numbers represent updates from the console. The lowest number is the oldest update, the largest number is the newest update. The number of updates is dependent on the type of console. Some consoles update only once per minute, others update 20 times per minute.
                    >
                    > Regardless of the number on the labels, all samples are less than 10 minutes old.
                    >
                    > You can determine the direction by looking at the labels on the outer edge of the wind rose.
                    >

                    > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ronw72" <1rondee@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > What do the numbers in the little boxes represent?
                    > >
                    > > Should the direction NEE be ENE, and SEE be ESE, and etc?
                    > >
                    > > Thanks,
                    > >
                    > > Ron

                    > > > The last 10 minutes of all wind readings is displayed. The number is dependent on how fast your console updates. The higher the number the newer the reading.

                  • John and Julie Festerling
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 1, 2011
                      I have not been reading all the posts, but this one about Wind Rose caught my attention.  I have never really gotten much out of the WInd Rose button on the Heavy Weather Uploader. It has the rose...like a test pattern on the old TV stations...and sometimes some numbers...but they don't mean much to me.  Should it look different?

                      I am running an Ambient WS-1090 station.

                      John
                      Home Office of the Festerlings

                      Message 10 of 12 , May 1, 2011
                        If you download the latest, the numbers which did not mean much are replaced with the time since the reading was taken.

                        If you look on the rose itself, you will see the speed scale. The direction of the wind is given by the location of the read (degrees from the original which is north (up)).

                        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "John and Julie Festerling" <jfesterling@...> wrote:

                        > I have not been reading all the posts, but this one about Wind Rose caught my attention. I have never really gotten much out of the WInd Rose button on the Heavy Weather Uploader. It has the rose...like a test pattern on the old TV stations...and sometimes some numbers...but they don't mean much to me. Should it look different?
                        >
                        > I am running an Ambient WS-1090 station.
                        >
                        > John
                        > Home Office of the Festerlings
                        >
                        > http://christlutheran-marshallmn.org

                      • John and Julie Festerling
                        Message 11 of 12 , May 1, 2011
                          ok, so I just looked at it.  It shows 1.6 in all 4 quadrants.  Some are negative.They are about in the middle of the arms from the center.  At the top it says Wind Rose last 10 minutes.

                          I will have to check if I have the most recent download.  Is there a number somewhere to check which version I have downloaded?

                          Message 12 of 12 , May 1, 2011
                            There is an about box on the main screen, click the tiny like box at the upper left of screen. Since I just updated the software today, you probably do not have the latest version unless you updated after about 3pm today.

                            The scale will change based upon the highest wind speed. Currently, 1.6 mph was probably your highest wind speed reading over the past 10 minutes.

                            The wind rose is not like the Cartesian coordinate system with negative quadrants, the distance from the label to the center represents it's magnitude. If you follow the dotted circular lines back to the scale you can see what the wind speed is.

                            So the wind rose is nice for being able to see a visual representation of the wind direction and speed readings over a period of the past 10 minutes.