Re: Intermittent outdoor temp function

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 20, 2009
      As I understand the La Crosse units, if you are running wireless, and it makes 3 attempts to receive something from the remote thermo, if it hears nothing it gives up. That is a pretty strange engineering practice, but it seems to be the case.

      Although the specs say that the remote thermo can be a distance away from the console, that is probably under ideal conditions. If you have aluminum siding on your house, that distance could be as little as 15-30ft.

      You are usually faced with either relocating the remote thermo or running in wired mode.

      Note that the manual says to place the console as far away from the computer as it will reach, and to face the back of the unit toward the remote sensor for best reception.