Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: THE FIX FOR THE WS2810 AND WUHU

  • Chris Mattingly
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5, 2009
      Without, all one word.

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 5, 2009
        I have been trying to help someone get it working and wondered if I was giving them the wrong path, thanks for the clarification. For whatever reason, WUHU is saying that the currdat.lst file does not exist on their system when they press Start.

        I have tried everything I can think of to get their system up and running, but short of remote assistance, there does not seem to be much that can be done.

        Has anyone else out there using a Vista system had this problem?

        Thanks in advance.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Chris Mattingly <chris@...> wrote:

        > Without, all one word.
        >
        > wuhu_software wrote:
        > >

        > > Is the Vista path "C:\Program Data" (with the space) or "C:\ProgramData"?
        > >
        > > Thanks.
        > >
        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
        > > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>, "jconn3" <jconn3@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > JUST after I posted my last message. I found the problem!!
        > > >
        > > > For WINDOWS XP - The currdat.lst will BY DEFAULT end up in the
        > > folder c:\documents and settings\ALL USERS\application data. I guess
        > > it installs for all users instead of the current user.
        > > >
        > > > Solution: Just point the input file to the above mentioned folder
        > > >
        > > > For VISTA as well as WINDOWS 7 that would mean it will be [or should
        > > be] in the C:\Program Data folder as mentioned in a message posted by
        > > a Vista user.
        > > >

        > > > Hope this helps
        > > >
        > > > Joe

      • Joe
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 6, 2009
          In Vista [as well as Windows 7] The program data directory is created during install. On my Win7 disk it is "D:\ProgramData" Whether there is a space or not doesn't matter. No need to change it.

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 7, 2009
            The reason you would want to know if there is a space or not is if you are manually entering the path and file name in to and edit box.

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 7, 2009
              Typo correction: an edit box.