NOAA Funding

  • KNHBRIST1
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2009
      I just received this from my Senator responding to my letter a few months ago regarding NOA funding.

      "Thank you for contacting my office about funding for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). I appreciate hearing from you about this important issue.

      I am pleased that the Senate approved $4.77 billion to NOAA for Fiscal Year 2010, which is the largest budget ever for the agency. More than one-third of the United States' gross domestic product is affected by NOAA's work and the agency provides critical services to our state, including weather forecasts, fisheries management and scientific research on oceans and climate.

      You will be pleased to know that Senator Hutchison's amendment to cut $172 million from NOAA's operating budget was not voted on during consideration of the bill, and the funding was retained.

      Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with me, and please do not hesitate to contact my office with any future concerns."
    • Greg Whitehead
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2009
        That sounds great.  Some government programs do have value and worth, and  NOAA is one of them, IMO.

        Greg Whitehead
        Euchee, TN