Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: New La Crosse 2810

Expand Messages
  • wuhu_software
    I looked at their software manual about 6 months ago. Although it is called Heavyweather Professional, it is not the same as used on the WS-36XX or any other
    Message 1 of 36 , Nov 3, 2009
    • 0 Attachment
      I looked at their software manual about 6 months ago. Although it is called Heavyweather Professional, it is not the same as used on the WS-36XX or any other station. Currently, only that station is supported when using that software.

      I did not see any obvious way to retrieve the data. It appears that they are using a database of some kind, I am not sure. If it is mysql, we might be able to do something with it although I am sure the updates are limited to probably 5 mins if I had to guess.

      There is a 99.9999% chance that La Crosse with not be releasing the USB protocol, so direct communication support will not be possible.

      For that reason alone, I would go with the Davis Vue.


      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "weatherbear" <weatherbear@...> wrote:
      >
      > just wondering...will wuhu work with the new WS-2810 all wireless unit with the plug in usb transceiver, or will you need to do some tweaking?
      >
      > db
      >
      >
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Parker <kamakzie@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I believe so, I'll check when I get home..
      > >
      > >
      > > alrjr2001 wrote:
      > > >
      > > >
      > > > Is the Vantage VUE made in the USA like most (if not all) of the other
      > > > Davis products?
      > > >
      > > > Thanks
      > > > Arnold In The Smokies
      > > > DW1121
      > > >
      > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
      > > > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>, Shawn Parker
      > > > <kamakzie@> wrote:
      > > > >
      > > > > I got the Davis Vue and its great! Highly recommend..
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > > Alan Myers wrote:
      > > > > >
      > > > > > I'd be suprised if they are in fact the same model. For the listed
      > > > > > price of $250.00 I'd much rather go with the new
      > > > > > Davis 6250 Vantage VUE. It's a full solar powered wireless weather
      > > > > > station, and Weatherbuffs.com <http://weatherbuffs.com/
      > > > <http://weatherbuffs.com/>> has it for
      > > > > > $285.00.
      > > > > >
      > > > > > Alan Myers
      > > > > >
      > > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------
      > > > > > *From:* weatherbear <weatherbear@>
      > > > > > *To:* wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
      > > > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > > > > *Sent:* Sun, November 1, 2009 8:53:55 PM
      > > > > > *Subject:* [wuhu_software_group] Re: New La Crosse 2810
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > > not sure how costco can sell it for 79 bucks when it's 250 retail.
      > > > > > but, if they can than I'm gettin' one! :) but, I would be concerned
      > > > > > with the update rate being somewhat slow compared to my wired 3610
      > > > > > unit. also, if they can make the wind solar powered, why not do the
      > > > > > same with the wireless rain and thermo units? might as well go all
      > > > the
      > > > > > way!
      > > > > >
      > > > > > db
      > > > > >
      > > > > > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com
      > > > > > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>, David Lipper
      > > > > > <glenvilleweather@ ...> wrote:
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > Looks interesting. I winder what the update rate is?
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > I have modified my old WS-2310 for frequent wireless updates; and
      > > > > > > replaced the turbine anemometer with the cup version; so I am pretty
      > > > > > > happy with my setup.
      > > > > > > Still, one of these days I'd like to upgrade, but Davis VP2 is
      > > > kind of
      > > > > > > pricy. $79 sounds like a very good price--I wonder if something is
      > > > > > > missing there...
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > Mike wrote:
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > Thanks - slight memory lost it appears so be a WS2810:
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > http://www.lacrosse technology. com/2810/
      > > > > > <http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/2810/
      > > > <http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/2810/>>
      > > > > > > > <http://www.lacrosse technology. com/2810/
      > > > > > <http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/2810/
      > > > <http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/2810/>>>
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > -Mike
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > For the Costco units, go to the lacross website and choose a
      > > > > > similar
      > > > > > > > unit. Then change the
      > > > > > > > > model number in the web address to match the costco model
      > > > number. I
      > > > > > > > have the 2316 and
      > > > > > > > > was able to get the specs by entering the model manually. Don't
      > > > > > know
      > > > > > > > why lacross "hides"
      > > > > > > > > the info unless it's because the model is exclusive to Costco
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > Ken
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > Sent from my iPhone
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > On Nov 1, 2009, at 5:40 PM, "Mike" <mike.a.p@ .
      > > > > > > > <mailto:mike. a.p%40comcast. net>> wrote:
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > I was in Costco today that they were selling a new La Crosse
      > > > unit -
      > > > > > > > I think it was a 2860
      > > > > > > > > - It appears to be 100% wireless (i.e. wind, rain and
      > > > temp/humidy
      > > > > > > > sensors with a solar
      > > > > > > > > cell), with some kind of USB "stick" data logger I think -
      > > > Price
      > > > > > ~$79
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > I can't find any reference to this model on LaCrosse or Costco
      > > > > > sites.
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > -Mike
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > >
      >
    • Somerton
      I have the 2810,,, I like it and it works real well,,,, I can not get wuhu to use the data from currdat.lst.
      Message 36 of 36 , Nov 23, 2009
      • 0 Attachment
        I have the 2810,,, I like it and it works real well,,,, I can not get wuhu to use the data from currdat.lst.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "richb2599" <richb2599@...> wrote:
        >
        > This is from the manual for the 2810 found on the Lacrosse web site:
        >
        > Outdoor Data Reception:
        > Temperature 13 seconds
        > Wind 17 seconds
        > Rain 19 seconds
        >
        > At $79 the Costco deal is very tempting...even if it didn't satisfy you can return it.
        > Has anyone succesfully used this wireless 2810 with WUHU?
        >
        > RB
        >
        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Parker <kamakzie@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I downloaded the manual and I don't see anywhere in there about the
        > > update rates.
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > > weatherbear wrote:
        > > >
        > > >
        > > > not sure how costco can sell it for 79 bucks when it's 250 retail.
        > > > but, if they can than I'm gettin' one! :) but, I would be concerned
        > > > with the update rate being somewhat slow compared to my wired 3610
        > > > unit. also, if they can make the wind solar powered, why not do the
        > > > same with the wireless rain and thermo units? might as well go all the
        > > > way!
        > > >
        > > > db
        > > >
        > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
        > > > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>, David Lipper
        > > > <glenvilleweather@> wrote:
        > > > >
        > > > > Looks interesting. I winder what the update rate is?
        > > > >
        > > > > I have modified my old WS-2310 for frequent wireless updates; and
        > > > > replaced the turbine anemometer with the cup version; so I am pretty
        > > > > happy with my setup.
        > > > > Still, one of these days I'd like to upgrade, but Davis VP2 is kind of
        > > > > pricy. $79 sounds like a very good price--I wonder if something is
        > > > > missing there...
        > > > >
        > > > > Mike wrote:
        > > > > >
        > > > > >
        > > > > > Thanks - slight memory lost it appears so be a WS2810:
        > > > > >
        > > > > > http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/2810/
        > > > <http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/2810/>
        > > > > > <http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/2810/
        > > > <http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/2810/>>
        > > > > >
        > > > > > -Mike
        > > > > >
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > > For the Costco units, go to the lacross website and choose a
        > > > similar
        > > > > > unit. Then change the
        > > > > > > model number in the web address to match the costco model number. I
        > > > > > have the 2316 and
        > > > > > > was able to get the specs by entering the model manually. Don't
        > > > know
        > > > > > why lacross "hides"
        > > > > > > the info unless it's because the model is exclusive to Costco
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > > Ken
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > > Sent from my iPhone
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > > On Nov 1, 2009, at 5:40 PM, "Mike" <mike.a.p@
        > > > > > <mailto:mike.a.p%40comcast.net>> wrote:
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > > I was in Costco today that they were selling a new La Crosse unit -
        > > > > > I think it was a 2860
        > > > > > > - It appears to be 100% wireless (i.e. wind, rain and temp/humidy
        > > > > > sensors with a solar
        > > > > > > cell), with some kind of USB "stick" data logger I think - Price
        > > > ~$79
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > > I can't find any reference to this model on LaCrosse or Costco
        > > > sites.
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > > -Mike
        > > > > >
        > > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > >
        >
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.