Historical Data Update to Weather Underground

  • David Higgins
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2005
      Well I just tried the update data URL with some historical data and
      each request received a 'Success' response so looks like I'll be
      building a small app that will read history.dat and transfer it line
      by line to weather underground. I'll do this daily so I dont;' have
      to rely being online all the time.

      Is anyone else interested in this?

      Cheers

      David
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2005
        David,

        Let us know how it works out.

        What did you write it in? VB?

        Thanks.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "David Higgins"
        <higginsdj@b...> wrote:
        > Well I just tried the update data URL with some historical data and
        > each request received a 'Success' response so looks like I'll be
        > building a small app that will read history.dat and transfer it
        line
        > by line to weather underground. I'll do this daily so I dont;'
        have
        > to rely being online all the time.
        >
        > Is anyone else interested in this?
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > David
      • David Higgins
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8, 2005
          Yes - it will be written in VB.

          It will probably have to wait a while as my new unit appears to be
          somewhat defective (WS2308 - reports my station air pressure some
          430 hPa lower than it should be AND says that the air pressure
          outside my house is 11 hPa lower than inside my house) It makes me
          wonder what other readings might be in error!

          At least LaCrosse admit that the unit appears to be defective - now
          all I have to do is convince the supplier and get a replacement!

          Cheers

          David