LaCrosse WS-2316 Rainfall data not posting

  • ripvanbrown
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 13, 2009
      I have a La Crosse WS-2316 that has been error-free for 16 months. Just tonight, however, the rainfall data is not uploading. It is registering correctly on the Heavy Weather software for 1Hour, 24Hr, and Rain Total for this evening (still raining), but the data isn't showing in WUHU Uploader, Weather Underground, CWOP, or the NWS websites. I reset the Heavy Weather Rain Total on October 1st since our rain year starts then, but nothing more. All other indicators (temp, wind speed, direction, humidity, pressure, etc.) are all transmitting correctly.

      Any ideas what might be causing this and how to fix it?

      PWS - KWAVANCO57
      CWOP - DW0710

      Separately, is there a way to reset the rain total gauge or the max/min readings in WUHU?

      Thanks!

      Robert
    • lratcliff lratcliff
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 13, 2009
        Check under the tweek data screen and make sure the "disable rainfall
        reporting" isn't checked. I did that a couple times on mistake.

        Lee

        On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 11:16 PM, ripvanbrown <rascubalon@...> wrote:
        > I have a La Crosse WS-2316 that has been error-free for 16 months.  Just tonight, however, the rainfall data is not uploading.  It is registering correctly on the Heavy Weather software for 1Hour, 24Hr, and Rain Total for this evening (still raining), but the data isn't showing in WUHU Uploader, Weather Underground, CWOP, or the NWS websites.  I reset the Heavy Weather Rain Total on October 1st since our rain year starts then, but nothing more.  All other indicators (temp, wind speed, direction, humidity, pressure, etc.) are all transmitting correctly.
        >
        > Any ideas what might be causing this and how to fix it?
        >
        > PWS - KWAVANCO57
        > CWOP - DW0710
        >
        > Separately, is there a way to reset the rain total gauge or the max/min readings in WUHU?
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Robert

        > WUHU Download page:

      • ripvanbrown
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 13, 2009
          No, it's not that. I looked and the "Disable All Rainfall Reporting" checkbox is unchecked. Also, the "Disable Rain Sensor" checkbox is unchecked.

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 14, 2009
            Whenever you reset the rain total on the console, you must go through this procedure:

            1) Goto tweak screen, click disable all rainfall reporting.
            2) Exit WUHU
            3) Reset the rain total
            4) Run WUHU
            5) Wait for an update from console to be displayed.
            6) Enter tweak, un-check disable rainfall reporting.
            7) Click save settings to exit tweak screen.

            Since you have already reset, try just disabling rainfall, save settings, wait for update, go back in to tweak screen, un-check disable, click save settings.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ripvanbrown" <rascubalon@...> wrote:

            > I have a La Crosse WS-2316 that has been error-free for 16 months. Just tonight, however, the rainfall data is not uploading. It is registering correctly on the Heavy Weather software for 1Hour, 24Hr, and Rain Total for this evening (still raining), but the data isn't showing in WUHU Uploader, Weather Underground, CWOP, or the NWS websites. I reset the Heavy Weather Rain Total on October 1st since our rain year starts then, but nothing more. All other indicators (temp, wind speed, direction, humidity, pressure, etc.) are all transmitting correctly.
            >
            > Any ideas what might be causing this and how to fix it?
            >
            > PWS - KWAVANCO57
            > CWOP - DW0710
            >
            > Separately, is there a way to reset the rain total gauge or the max/min readings in WUHU?
            >
            > Thanks!
            >
            > Robert

          • ripvanbrown
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 17, 2009
              Finally got some more rain today. The console registered 0.24", but still nothing uploaded to WUHU, WU, CWOP, or NOAA. I noticed there are asterisks "*" in WUHU next to the Rainfall 1Hr, Rainfall 24Hr, Rainfall Total, and Rainfall Daily Low and High readings (e.g. 0.00*). Does that indicate anything?

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 18, 2009
                Send me a screen capture of your Tweak screen.

                To do that, open tweak screen, hit Ctrl-Alt-Print screen.

                Open paint, under edit, select Paste.

                Save the file and send it to me, wuhu_software at Yahoo.

                Also, did you try disabling all rainfall reporting that I posted before? If not, go to tweak screen, click disable all rainfall reporting, click Save setting button. Wait for an update from console, go back in to tweaks, un-check disable all rainfall reporting, click save settings. Beware you must do this procedure whenever you reset the console rain total.

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ripvanbrown" <rascubalon@...> wrote:

                > Finally got some more rain today. The console registered 0.24", but still nothing uploaded to WUHU, WU, CWOP, or NOAA. I noticed there are asterisks "*" in WUHU next to the Rainfall 1Hr, Rainfall 24Hr, Rainfall Total, and Rainfall Daily Low and High readings (e.g. 0.00*). Does that indicate anything?

                > > Whenever you reset the rain total on the console, you must go through this procedure:
                > >
                > > 1) Goto tweak screen, click disable all rainfall reporting.
                > > 2) Exit WUHU
                > > 3) Reset the rain total
                > > 4) Run WUHU
                > > 5) Wait for an update from console to be displayed.
                > > 6) Enter tweak, un-check disable rainfall reporting.
                > > 7) Click save settings to exit tweak screen.
                > >
                > > Since you have already reset, try just disabling rainfall, save settings, wait for update, go back in to tweak screen, un-check disable, click save settings.
                > >

                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ripvanbrown" <rascubalon@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I have a La Crosse WS-2316 that has been error-free for 16 months. Just tonight, however, the rainfall data is not uploading. It is registering correctly on the Heavy Weather software for 1Hour, 24Hr, and Rain Total for this evening (still raining), but the data isn't showing in WUHU Uploader, Weather Underground, CWOP, or the NWS websites. I reset the Heavy Weather Rain Total on October 1st since our rain year starts then, but nothing more. All other indicators (temp, wind speed, direction, humidity, pressure, etc.) are all transmitting correctly.
                > > >
                > > > Any ideas what might be causing this and how to fix it?
                > > >
                > > > PWS - KWAVANCO57
                > > > CWOP - DW0710
                > > >
                > > > Separately, is there a way to reset the rain total gauge or the max/min readings in WUHU?
                > > >
                > > > Thanks!
                > > >
                > > > Robert

              • ripvanbrown
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 18, 2009