Failure to calculate and or upload correct rainfall data, Davis VP2 to Wundergro

  • sfdima
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 13, 2009
      216, 83
      Does not calculate correct rainfall data. Only uploads current rain data to wunderground sticker, no upload to the station history, no rate/hourly upload. When WUHU setup in the station override for the rain calculations, the data for rainfall is nonsensical and no upload happens at all.
    • Ray
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 13, 2009
        Looks like 216, 87 is doing the same thing.
        The "averages" show for the last 1 second only and not an hour or 24 hour time periods. I still get the rainfall total.
        But as quoted below it's not updating the rain data to WU or CWOP or Findu.

        Whats also fun about this bug is my area is getting it's first rain of the season.

        Ray Eiser
        KE6JPV
        coolerman100002003

        "--- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "sfdima" <dima1803@...> wrote:

        > 216, 83
        > Does not calculate correct rainfall data. Only uploads current rain data to wunderground sticker, no upload to the station history, no rate/hourly upload. When WUHU setup in the station override for the rain calculations, the data for rainfall is nonsensical and no upload happens at all.
        >"
      • Ray
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 13, 2009
          I guess I need to add this is with a WS-2310 running direct serial mode.

          Ray Eiser
          KE6JPV
          coolerman10002003

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <coolerman10002003@...> wrote:

          > Looks like 216, 87 is doing the same thing.
          > The "averages" show for the last 1 second only and not an hour or 24 hour time periods. I still get the rainfall total.
          > But as quoted below it's not updating the rain data to WU or CWOP or Findu.
          >
          > Whats also fun about this bug is my area is getting it's first rain of the season.
          >
          > Ray Eiser
          > KE6JPV
          > coolerman100002003
          >

          > "--- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "sfdima" <dima1803@> wrote:
          > >
          > > 216, 83
          > > Does not calculate correct rainfall data. Only uploads current rain data to wunderground sticker, no upload to the station history, no rate/hourly upload. When WUHU setup in the station override for the rain calculations, the data for rainfall is nonsensical and no upload happens at all.
          > >"

        • KNHBRIST1
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 13, 2009
            Ray, I have a WS-2310 in direct serial mode and it uploads just fine. What is your WU station ID?
            You just had your first rain, we just had our first snow flakes...LOL
            Steve

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <coolerman10002003@...> wrote:

            > I guess I need to add this is with a WS-2310 running direct serial mode.
            >
            > Ray Eiser
            > KE6JPV
            > coolerman10002003
            >
            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <coolerman10002003@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Looks like 216, 87 is doing the same thing.
            > > The "averages" show for the last 1 second only and not an hour or 24 hour time periods. I still get the rainfall total.
            > > But as quoted below it's not updating the rain data to WU or CWOP or Findu.
            > >
            > > Whats also fun about this bug is my area is getting it's first rain of the season.
            > >
            > > Ray Eiser
            > > KE6JPV
            > > coolerman100002003
            > >

            > > "--- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "sfdima" <dima1803@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > 216, 83
            > > > Does not calculate correct rainfall data. Only uploads current rain data to wunderground sticker, no upload to the station history, no rate/hourly upload. When WUHU setup in the station override for the rain calculations, the data for rainfall is nonsensical and no upload happens at all.
            > > >"

          • Ray
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 13, 2009
              Steve,
              It's KCAMONTE7.
              Ive moved back to .50 until this is fixed. Their was some false data last night from the weather station that I removed. Then I "upgraded" to ".85" .87 as the "about program" shows. Then WU missed the .36" of real rain we got today and I'm still not showing data in the 24hour or the 1 hour readings.

              Ray Eiser
              KE6JPV

              > Ray, I have a WS-2310 in direct serial mode and it uploads just fine. What is your WU station ID?
              > You just had your first rain, we just had our first snow flakes...LOL
              > Steve
              >
              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <coolerman10002003@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I guess I need to add this is with a WS-2310 running direct serial mode.
              > >
              > > Ray Eiser
              > > KE6JPV
              > > coolerman10002003
              > >
              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <coolerman10002003@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Looks like 216, 87 is doing the same thing.
              > > > The "averages" show for the last 1 second only and not an hour or 24 hour time periods. I still get the rainfall total.
              > > > But as quoted below it's not updating the rain data to WU or CWOP or Findu.
              > > >
              > > > Whats also fun about this bug is my area is getting it's first rain of the season.
              > > >
              > > > Ray Eiser
              > > > KE6JPV
              > > > coolerman100002003

            • KNHBRIST1
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 13, 2009
                Ray, not sure what you mean by back to .5o
                If you open the Tweak data screen can you verify that "Disable rainfall" box is not checked. The 'disable rain sensor" is not checked. The Coefficients for rain fall is 1.0000

                Steve

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <coolerman10002003@...> wrote:

                > Steve,
                > It's KCAMONTE7.
                > Ive moved back to .50 until this is fixed. Their was some false data last night from the weather station that I removed. Then I "upgraded" to ".85" .87 as the "about program" shows. Then WU missed the .36" of real rain we got today and I'm still not showing data in the 24hour or the 1 hour readings.
                >
                > Ray Eiser
                > KE6JPV
                >
                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "KNHBRIST1" <steve_03222@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Ray, I have a WS-2310 in direct serial mode and it uploads just fine. What is your WU station ID?
                > > You just had your first rain, we just had our first snow flakes...LOL
                > > Steve
                > >
                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <coolerman10002003@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I guess I need to add this is with a WS-2310 running direct serial mode.
                > > >
                > > > Ray Eiser
                > > > KE6JPV
                > > > coolerman10002003

              • Ray
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 13, 2009
                  I think it's maybe that I had set the "The Coefficients for rain fall" to 0. Oddly the disable rainfall reporting was set on.

                  This is maybe what I get when I set things up on the way out to work.

                  Im currently running 1,0,216,50 I had as back up.
                  Ill go back up to 1,0,216,85-87.

                  Thanks,
                  Ray

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 14, 2009
                    Your rain coefficients should be set to 1.0 unless you have made some modification to your rain gauge.

                    At 0.50, you would report only 1/2 of the actual rainfall reported by the console.

                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <coolerman10002003@...> wrote:

                    > I think it's maybe that I had set the "The Coefficients for rain fall" to 0. Oddly the disable rainfall reporting was set on.
                    >
                    > This is maybe what I get when I set things up on the way out to work.
                    >
                    > Im currently running 1,0,216,50 I had as back up.
                    > Ill go back up to 1,0,216,85-87.
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    > Ray
                    >
                    > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "KNHBRIST1" <steve_03222@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Ray, not sure what you mean by back to .5o
                    > > If you open the Tweak data screen can you verify that "Disable rainfall" box is not checked. The 'disable rain sensor" is not checked. The Coefficients for rain fall is 1.0000
                    > >
                    > > Steve
                    > >

                    > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <coolerman10002003@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Steve,
                    > > > It's KCAMONTE7.
                    > > > Ive moved back to .50 until this is fixed. Their was some false data last night from the weather station that I removed. Then I "upgraded" to ".85" .87 as the "about program" shows. Then WU missed the .36" of real rain we got today and I'm still not showing data in the 24hour or the 1 hour readings.
                    > > >
                    > > > Ray Eiser
                    > > > KE6JPV

                  • Ray
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 14, 2009
                      OK
                      It looks like it was that I had the rain gauge put back together wrong.
                      It was causing the tipper to read wrong also it may have been jammed a bit as was "over" reading.

                      First rain of the season of course all this happens.

                      Looks like I got it working but Ill have to wait until it rains here again. I'm in Southern California so this maybe a bit of a wait. :)

                      Thanks all for the help. It was my end that caused the trouble.

                      Ray Eiser
                      KE6JPV
                      WU KCAMONTE7
                      MESO AT002
                      coolerman10002003

                      > Your rain coefficients should be set to 1.0 unless you have made some modification to your rain gauge.
                      >
                      > At 0.50, you would report only 1/2 of the actual rainfall reported by the console.
                      >
                      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <coolerman10002003@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I think it's maybe that I had set the "The Coefficients for rain fall" to 0. Oddly the disable rainfall reporting was set on.
                      > >
                      > > This is maybe what I get when I set things up on the way out to work.
                      > >
                      > > Im currently running 1,0,216,50 I had as back up.
                      > > Ill go back up to 1,0,216,85-87.
                      > >
                      > > Thanks,
                      > > Ray
                      > >
                      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "KNHBRIST1" <steve_03222@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Ray, not sure what you mean by back to .5o
                      > > > If you open the Tweak data screen can you verify that "Disable rainfall" box is not checked. The 'disable rain sensor" is not checked. The Coefficients for rain fall is 1.0000
                      > > >
                      > > > Steve

                    • Bob Tyszka
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 14, 2009
                        Ray wrote:

                        First rain of the season of course all this happens.

                        Looks like I got it working but Ill have to wait until it rains here again. I'm in Southern California so this maybe a bit of a wait. :)

                        Rain?  What rain?  In southern California, nope not here yet.  :-D

                        Actually, that is one of the reasons why we refer to the Tehachapi and San Gabriel Mtns as "fences".  Keeps the nasty stuff out of our desert!
                        I have heard that they are prediciting an El Nino for this winter season, so we should be seeing more rain soon.  Hope you get the problem solved before then.

                        --

                        Bob Tyszka
                        California City, CA

                        Click for California City, California Forecast