B85 version available for testing.

    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 3, 2009

      Here is a new release with some minor enhancements.

      If you have a WS-23XX or WS-36XX and have a problem with the mystery "0.02 in" rainfall after a reboot, or other problems, let me know.

      ---

      Download Link

      ---

      Notes:

      39) Modified the rain calculations for the TE923. The "RainCount" column actually appears to be just rainfall total in mm. The newer software supports fractions of a mm (.7mm resolution) where the old software supported only 1mm resolution.

      40) Perhaps improved the problem where WUHU was minimized but did not have a window and did not minimize to the system tray. When this happened, the user had to kill WUHU from the task manager process list. Also fixed a bug with the tray icon flashing when new log messages were added.

      41) Revised the WS-23XX and WS-36XX rainfall calculations yet again. Hopefully that problem is solved.

      42) Added support for standby. When the computer goes to standby, the threads in WUHU go idle. When the computer comes out of standby, the console history is read again.

      43) The error checking window on the wind chill was increased in case of very cold weather and high winds.

    • cfr301@wapakweather.com

        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 3, 2009
          Same as I get. Neil

          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 3, 2009
            Sorry, had a typo in the file name.

            It is posted now.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Neil" <clarkn71@...> wrote:

            > Same as I get. Neil
            >

            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, cfr301@ wrote:
            > >
            > > Zip link gives a 404 error, the page is there but the zip giving an error
            > >
            > > Rick
            > >

            > > At 19:26 10/3/2009, you wrote:
            > > >

            > > >Here is a new release with some minor enhancements.
            > > >
            > > >If you have a WS-23XX or WS-36XX and have a problem with the mystery
            > > >"0.02 in" rainfall after a reboot, or other problems, let me know.
            > > >
            > > >---
            > > >
            > > ><http://home.comcast.net/%7Ewuhu_software/>Download Link
            > > >
            > > >---
            > > >
            > > >Notes:
            > > >
            > > >39) Modified the rain calculations for the TE923. The "RainCount"
            > > >column actually appears to be just rainfall total in mm. The newer
            > > >software supports fractions of a mm (.7mm resolution) where the old
            > > >software supported only 1mm resolution.
            > > >
            > > >40) Perhaps improved the problem where WUHU was minimized but did
            > > >not have a window and did not minimize to the system tray. When this
            > > >happened, the user had to kill WUHU from the task manager process
            > > >list. Also fixed a bug with the tray icon flashing when new log
            > > >messages were added.
            > > >
            > > >41) Revised the WS-23XX and WS-36XX rainfall calculations yet again.
            > > >Hopefully that problem is solved.
            > > >
            > > >42) Added support for standby. When the computer goes to standby,
            > > >the threads in WUHU go idle. When the computer comes out of standby,
            > > >the console history is read again.
            > > >
            > > >43) The error checking window on the wind chill was increased in
            > > >case of very cold weather and high winds.

            > > >10/03/09 06:20:00

          • Marek Dziedzic
            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 3, 2009
              I am using WUHU with WS-2315. On occasion, the software reports 0F (-17.8C), instead of no data, when there is a communication problem between the console and the sensor (no outside temperature reported). I am using Heave Weather s/w with the currdata.lst as the source of information for WUHU.

              Is this a correctable error?

              thanks
              MDZ

              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 4, 2009

                >>> Here is a new release with some minor enhancements.

                Thanks for the update.

                >>> If you have a WS-23XX or WS-36XX and have a problem with the mystery "0.02 in" rainfall after a reboot, or other problems, let me know.

                Yes I have, and indeed had strange readings after a boot. Especially temperature (suddenly -7 degrees celcius while the console read +16). I blamed it om the device as it proved sometimes unreliable in the past.

                I'll report back to you if this happens again after the update.

                B.t.w. do you have a paypal account? I' wish to donate a small amount of money to express my appreciation for all your hard work.

                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 4, 2009
                  The next time this happens, open up currdat.lst with notepad.

                  I think you will find that is what HW is writing in there.

                  If not, let me know.

                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Dziedzic" <dziedzicmj@...> wrote:

                  > I am using WUHU with WS-2315. On occasion, the software reports 0F (-17.8C), instead of no data, when there is a communication problem between the console and the sensor (no outside temperature reported). I am using Heave Weather s/w with the currdata.lst as the source of information for WUHU.
                  >
                  > Is this a correctable error?
                  >
                  > thanks
                  > MDZ

                • Karl Kingston
                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 5, 2009
                    OK I just attempted to upgrade from B71. Now I can't talk to my console:

                    Mon Oct 05 19:56:16 2009 > WUHU monitoring started (WUHU21623XXSP).
                    Mon Oct 05 19:56:16 2009 > Weather Underground ID: KNYMINOA1
                    Mon Oct 05 19:56:16 2009 > Weather Underground URL:
                    http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KNYMINOA1
                    Mon Oct 05 19:56:16 2009 > CWOP ID: CW8614
                    Mon Oct 05 19:56:16 2009 > CWOP URL:
                    http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=CW8614
                    Mon Oct 05 19:56:16 2009 > PWSWeather ID: KNYMINOA1
                    Mon Oct 05 19:56:16 2009 > PWSWeather URL:
                    http://www.pwsweather.com/obs/KNYMINOA1.html
                    Mon Oct 05 19:56:16 2009 > Opened serial port COM6 successfully.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:56:26 2009 > An error occurred reading the outdoor
                    temperature from the console.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:56:26 2009 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data
                    retrieved from console.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:56:26 2009 > Time to next console communication: 5000
                    milliseconds.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:56:35 2009 > An error occurred reading the storm alert from
                    the console.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:56:35 2009 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data
                    retrieved from console.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:56:35 2009 > Time to next console communication: 5000
                    milliseconds.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:56:44 2009 > An error occurred reading the storm alert from
                    the console.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:56:44 2009 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data
                    retrieved from console.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:56:44 2009 > Time to next console communication: 5000
                    milliseconds.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:56:53 2009 > An error occurred reading the storm alert from
                    the console.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:56:53 2009 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data
                    retrieved from console.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:56:53 2009 > Time to next console communication: 5000
                    milliseconds.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:57:01 2009 > An error occurred reading the storm alert from
                    the console.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:57:01 2009 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data
                    retrieved from console.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:57:01 2009 > Time to next console communication: 5000
                    milliseconds.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:57:10 2009 > An error occurred reading the storm alert from
                    the console.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:57:10 2009 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data
                    retrieved from console.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:57:10 2009 > Time to next console communication: 5000
                    milliseconds.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:57:19 2009 > An error occurred reading the storm alert from
                    the console.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:57:19 2009 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data
                    retrieved from console.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:57:19 2009 > Time to next console communication: 5000
                    milliseconds.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:57:19 2009 > Detected consecutive communications failures.
                    Attempting to recover by re-opening the port.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:57:29 2009 > Attempting to re-open port COM6.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:57:29 2009 > Port COM6 re-opened successfully, attempting to
                    resume communications.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:57:33 2009 > An error occurred reading the storm alert from
                    the console.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:57:33 2009 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data
                    retrieved from console.
                    Mon Oct 05 19:57:33 2009 > Time to next console communication: 5000
                    milliseconds.

                    If I go back, it works again...

                    Message 9 of 22 , Oct 6, 2009
                      Karl,

                      Are you still using that serial server thing?

                      I cannot imagine what would have changed in the communications level code.

                      For now, run b71, maybe we can look at it this weekend.

                      Thanks.

                      Message 10 of 22 , Oct 6, 2009
                        If you are using that serial server, I just had a thought.

                        One thing that did change was the priority of the process.

                        Previously I had it set to "High" and someone requested that it go back to normal.

                        Go to task manager and manually increase the priority of the WUHU process to high and see if it starts working.

                        Message 11 of 22 , Oct 6, 2009
                          Yup. Still using it. Been working good. Just that when I update WUHU,
                          it throws a fit.

                          Do you have any other betas after B71? This way we can isolate what's
                          going on.

                          Message 12 of 22 , Oct 6, 2009
                            Will try that tonite after I get home from work.

                            Message 13 of 22 , Oct 22, 2009
                              On Tue, 6 Oct 2009, wuhu_software wrote:

                              > If you are using that serial server, I just had a thought.
                              >
                              > One thing that did change was the priority of the process.
                              >
                              > Previously I had it set to "High" and someone requested that it go back to normal.
                              >
                              > Go to task manager and manually increase the priority of the WUHU process to high and see if it starts working.

                              Tried that, didn't work. Any other ideas?

                              Even tried changing the priority for the serial device but no go.

                              Message 14 of 22 , Oct 22, 2009
                                I am wondering if it is working with the correct port. Click Stop, in general settings, re-select WS-23XX direct, re-select Com port, hit start.

                                Send me the log file results, check "Show Console Com. Errors" in log screen.

                                Send to me in email, wuhu_software at yahoo.

                              • Shawn Parker
                                Message 15 of 22 , Oct 22, 2009
                                  Well I just snagged a used one off eBay for $57. I'm hoping that it
                                  works fine with W7 64bit. Anyone else have any experience with the usb
                                  datalogger and a 64bit OS? I know Davis says the Weatherlink software
                                  doesn't work with 64 bit however I wasn't going to use that anyways...
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Oct 23, 2009
                                    Just to let you know, Davis installs a driver that creates virtual serial ports. I guess they did this so that existing software that accessed serial ports would be compatible with their USB logger.

                                    There can be issues with that driver, I forget the details, but many have returned them to Davis in exchange for a regular serial version.

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Oct 23, 2009
                                      Well I thought it was worth a try since it was only $60 shipped. I'll
                                      give it a try and see if it works, if not I'll buy the serial version.
                                      My weather station is supposed to come tomorrow via FedEx home delivery!

                                    • chrisv78@comcast.net
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Oct 23, 2009

                                        The only problem I had was to identify the correct virtual serial port during installation.  It turned out to be 7 with the first computer I used, but moved to a second server and it was #3.  I haven't had any issues, other than if I lose connection, I have to reboot as the port will not automatically reseablish communication.

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Oct 23, 2009
                                          I made sure to disable all unnecessary comports in my BIOS so this
                                          should be the only one it identifies.

                                          chrisv78@... wrote:

                                          > The only problem I had was to identify the correct virtual serial port
                                          > during installation. It turned out to be 7 with the first computer I
                                          > used, but moved to a second server and it was #3. I haven't had any
                                          > issues, other than if I lose connection, I have to reboot as the port
                                          > will not automatically reseablish communication.

                                        • ddking1969
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Mar 6 6:00 AM
                                            I still have a problem with the program not wanting to minimize - requires a reboot and then still doesn't minimize.

                                            Doug King

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Mar 6 8:01 AM
                                              Download the latest version that was updated about 1 week ago and give that a shot.

                                            • cookevilleweatherguy@yahoo.com
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Mar 6 8:16 AM
                                                Heath & Doug:

                                                Since I downloaded the latest version in the past week, the lockup has not occurred!

                                                -Michael D

                                                From: "wuhu_software" <wuhu_software@...>
                                                Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 16:01:39 -0000
                                                To: <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>