Reading history.dat or currdata.lst from Heavyweather

  • Jerry Flanders
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2009
      Newbie here.

      I have a Lacrosse 2315W and would like to use Heavyweather for the
      primary data gatherer program and then have WUHU access the file
      generated by Heavyweather for further processing.

      Looks like WUHU wants to read a file named currdata.lst and will not
      access history.dat, and Heavyweather wants to output a file named
      history.dat and will not let me change it to currdat.lst.

      Catch-22?

      I think I am using latest versions of both programs.

      I am probably doing something wrong - what?

      Jerry W4UK
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 29, 2009
        Jerry,

        If you are using the latest version of HW, it is called Beta 2.0, it will generate the currdat.LST file in the c:\Heavyweather directory.

        La Crosse originally release a version called 2.1 that is older that the one you from their site (beta 2.0).

        If you switch from Direct Serial, you need to change that in the general settings of WUHU.

        This "file monitoring mode" is not supported under Windows 98.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@...> wrote:

        > Newbie here.
        >
        > I have a Lacrosse 2315W and would like to use Heavyweather for the
        > primary data gatherer program and then have WUHU access the file
        > generated by Heavyweather for further processing.
        >
        > Looks like WUHU wants to read a file named currdata.lst and will not
        > access history.dat, and Heavyweather wants to output a file named
        > history.dat and will not let me change it to currdat.lst.
        >
        > Catch-22?
        >
        > I think I am using latest versions of both programs.
        >
        > I am probably doing something wrong - what?
        >
        > Jerry W4UK

      • Jerry Flanders
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 29, 2009
          Got it now.

          I assumed I needed to change the name of the history file to
          currdat.lst, and Heavyweather would not let me do that. Duh.

          Jerry W4UK

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 29, 2009
            The history.dat file generated by WUHU is in the format used by HW Pro, not HW. That being the case, to view the history.dat output by WUHU, you use the HW Pro application. You can configure HW Pro to look at a non-existent serial port, then use it only for the graphing / history dispalys.

            The old HW format does not include important data like Wind Gust.