USB Problems?

  • toms-weather@ameritech.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2009

      USB problems seem to be a reoccurring theme so I thought I would share this.

      About 4 months ago, I bought and installed a cheap ($15.00) "Rosewell, Model: RC-301, 2 port serial PCI card from NewEgg.  Installation was simple, and it has been working perfectly 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week with three com ports in use at all times.

       Although I installed it on an XP machine, They spec. it as being compatable with Vista as well, and a couple of the reviews seem to support that.

      Might be worth a try for any brave soles out there.

      BrandRosewill
      ModelRC-301
      Spec
      TypePCI to Serial Port Card
      External Ports2 x 9 pins serial connectors
      Data Transfer Rate1 Mbytes/sec
      Operating Systems SupportedWin95/98/NT4.0/2k/XP/XP64/DOS/Vista 32/64bit / Linux
      SpecificationsChipset: MOSCHIP MCS9835CV
      Features
      FeaturesSupports up to 2x 16550 Fast Uart serial port
      Easy Plug and Play installation
      Automatically selects IRQ & IO address
      Supports IRQ sharing
      Built in 16C550 compatible UART with 16byte transmit-receive FIFO
      Multi – card capability – allow for upgrade with additional serial or parallel cards
      For 5V PCI slot only

      Package ContentsManual, CD Drivers,RC-301 Serial Port Card
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815166004

      Hope it Helps,

      Tom.