Screen shot of my errors

  • clarkn71
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 25, 2009
      Photo of my screen shot showing errors any suggestions as to why?
      Only does it when I upload AWEKAS and CWOP along with WU. Does not do it with ONLY WU. Did not do this with my old computer. New one requires a USB conn. Maybe my adapter cable?? Any suggestions???

      Neil
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 25, 2009
        I can't read the lines from the screen shots, not that I could help even if I did...LOL However if you select the log entries you want to post, then click on the button titled "selected" that will copy the entries to your clipboard and then you can just paste right in the forum. Will be much easier to read that way I think. Will look something like this;
        Tue Aug 25 19:21:59 2009 > WUHU monitoring started (WUHU21623XXSP).
        Tue Aug 25 19:21:59 2009 > Weather Underground ID: KNHBRIST1
        Tue Aug 25 19:21:59 2009 > Weather Underground URL: http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KNHBRIST1
        Tue Aug 25 19:21:59 2009 > CWOP ID: CW5443
        Tue Aug 25 19:21:59 2009 > CWOP URL: http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=CW5443
        Tue Aug 25 19:21:59 2009 > AWEKAS ID: steve03222
        Tue Aug 25 19:21:59 2009 > AWEKAS Instrument URL: http://www.awekas.at/en/instrument.php?id=steve03222
        Tue Aug 25 19:21:59 2009 > Opened alternative wind sensor serial port COM8 successfully.
        Tue Aug 25 19:21:59 2009 > Opened serial port COM4 successfully.

        Steve
      • clarkn71
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 26, 2009
          Thanks Steve Here are some of the errors.

          Neil

          CWOP Upload to weather server is complete.
          Wed Aug 26 05:49:53 2009 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console.
          Wed Aug 26 05:50:19 2009 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console.
          Wed Aug 26 05:50:42 2009 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console.
          Wed Aug 26 05:50:42 2009 > Detected consecutive communications failures. Attempting to recover by re-opening the port.
          Wed Aug 26 05:50:52 2009 > Attempting to re-open port COM3.
          Wed Aug 26 05:50:52 2009 > Port COM3 re-opened successfully, attempting to resume communications.
          Wed Aug 26 05:51:11 2009 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console.
          Wed Aug 26 05:51:37 2009 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console.
          Wed Aug 26 05:52:02 2009 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console.
          Wed Aug 26 05:52:25 2009 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console.
          Wed Aug 26 05:52:49 2009 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console.
          Wed Aug 26 05:53:13 2009 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console.
          Wed Aug 26 05:53:38 2009 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console.
          Wed Aug 26 05:53:38 2009 > Detected consecutive communications failures. Attempting to recover by re-opening the port.
          Wed Aug 26 05:53:48 2009 > Attempting to re-open port COM3.
          Wed Aug 26 05:53:48 2009 > Port COM3 re-opened successfully, attempting to resume communications.

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 26, 2009
            Neil, sorry if these was already answered, but are you using a USB adapter? Is your console reading correctly? Have you tried this on another computer if available?
            Steve
          • clarkn71
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 26, 2009
              -
              usb adapter. console works ok. Does not do this with only WU uploads. Only does it with AWEKAS
              and or CWOP uploads. Worked ok on old computer with serial connector. ???????
              Neil

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 27, 2009
                If it is not an I/O gear USB adapter, that could be the problem as not all adapters work well. Does not seem to make sense that a communication error between the console and the computer would have anything to do with output. Hopefully someone else will chime in here.
                Steve
              • stuart@sdsnet.dyndns.org
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 27, 2009

                  Just a thought, I was trying to get a USB pic Programmer running on my PC the other night and found that the only way it would work was with a powered USB hub.  The USB ports on the motherboard would not provide sufficient power.  This showed up as the driver not successfully installing and the device being in an unusable state.

                  Stuart