Re: Serial to Ethernet

  • m8rktw81n
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 12, 2009
      I already use an old PC connect to my LAN. I had been using our Win2k3 home server located in my home-office but decided to lower the 3610 temp/humid. unit so it is closer to the standard temperature reading height. Of course, this caused junk data because of a weakened signal at the base unit. The solution was to move a very old PC (can't really move the server) and the base unit into the garage so the base unit is now much closer to the source.

      It works great but it seems like a waste of electrons. I suppose I will have to wait until I have saved enough quarters to buy a better station.