Re: Serial to Ethernet

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 11, 2009
      The 3610 is not a normal character based serial device. They use the handshake lines rather than the data lines to send information back and forth. That being the case, the odds of having a remote serial server work are slim to none.

      You might be better off setting up a used dedicated PC to talk to the console then connect it to your LAN.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "m8rktw81n" <tdeets@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone attempted to use a Serial port to Ethernet server with WUHU and a La Crosse 3610? The Neteon GW212 comes with Virtual COM software that reportedly presents the device as a com port to third party software like WUHU. The GW212's description can be found by following the link below
      >
      > http://www.neteon.net/Product/340-3-13-365/GW212

    • Karl Kingston
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 11, 2009
        I have. Works great.

        I use the Netcom 111 device.

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 11, 2009
          I thought were using a WS-23XX station type Karl?

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Karl Kingston <kkingsto@...> wrote:

          > I have. Works great.
          >
          > I use the Netcom 111 device.
          >
          > On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, m8rktw81n wrote:
          >
          > > Has anyone attempted to use a Serial port to Ethernet server with WUHU
          > > and a La Crosse 3610? The Neteon GW212 comes with Virtual COM software
          > > that reportedly presents the device as a com port to third party
          > > software like WUHU. The GW212's description can be found at the
          > > following
          > >
          > > http://www.neteon.net/Product/340-3-13-365/GW212
          > >
          > > td

        • Karl Kingston
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 12, 2009
            Yeah I am. It was later I realized it was a different station. Ooops

            On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, wuhu_software wrote:

            > I thought were using a WS-23XX station type Karl?
            >

            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Karl Kingston <kkingsto@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> I have. Works great.
            >>
            >> I use the Netcom 111 device.
            >>
            >> On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, m8rktw81n wrote:
            >>
            >>> Has anyone attempted to use a Serial port to Ethernet server with WUHU
            >>> and a La Crosse 3610? The Neteon GW212 comes with Virtual COM software
            >>> that reportedly presents the device as a com port to third party
            >>> software like WUHU. The GW212's description can be found at the
            >>> following
            >>>
            >>> http://www.neteon.net/Product/340-3-13-365/GW212
            >>>
            >>> td

          • m8rktw81n
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 12, 2009
              I already use an old PC connect to my LAN. I had been using our Win2k3 home server located in my home-office but decided to lower the 3610 temp/humid. unit so it is closer to the standard temperature reading height. Of course, this caused junk data because of a weakened signal at the base unit. The solution was to move a very old PC (can't really move the server) and the base unit into the garage so the base unit is now much closer to the source.

              It works great but it seems like a waste of electrons. I suppose I will have to wait until I have saved enough quarters to buy a better station.