Ultimeter question

  • fikkaud
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 6 4:45 AM
      Hi,
      My old LaCrosse WS3600 now has a faulty temp and humidity. So I'm looking into a replacement.
      I'm really interested in the Ultimeter 2100.
      My question is: will WUHU still give me the option to create a currdat.lst file?
      I know I can work around this by using a template, but since I'm planning the changeover I'd like to know my options. My whole site is built on parsing the currdat.lst in a stupid way(by line number, not by headers)

      I also guess I can recycle the laCrosse rainbucket to work with Ultimeter, using a fudgefactor in the tweak screen.

      Does anyone know of any reasons why I shouldn't go for the Ultimeter?

      regards
      Audun
      http://vindkast.no
      Weather, Lightning, AIS and Seismograph
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 6 1:34 PM
        I am pretty sure that the same exact currdat.lst file will be generated regardless of the station type.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "fikkaud" <audun.fikke@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > My old LaCrosse WS3600 now has a faulty temp and humidity. So I'm looking into a replacement.
        > I'm really interested in the Ultimeter 2100.
        > My question is: will WUHU still give me the option to create a currdat.lst file?
        > I know I can work around this by using a template, but since I'm planning the changeover I'd like to know my options. My whole site is built on parsing the currdat.lst in a stupid way(by line number, not by headers)
        >
        > I also guess I can recycle the laCrosse rainbucket to work with Ultimeter, using a fudgefactor in the tweak screen.
        >
        > Does anyone know of any reasons why I shouldn't go for the Ultimeter?
        >
        > regards
        > Audun
        > http://vindkast.no
        > Weather, Lightning, AIS and Seismograph

      • Radu Eugen
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 7 9:08 AM
          Hi, for how long did you use the La Crosse 3600 until the humidity temperature sensor broke down ?! What really happened ?!
          As far as know, there is one guy from Helsinki, Finland, Juha Jantti that uses the Ultimeter 2100. This is his wunderground link: http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IUUSIMAA2
          I also have a La Crosse 3600, for 2 years, but until now everything seems to work quite OK. Best regards, Eugen Radu, Romania

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 8 8:48 AM
            I bit off topic but a replacement for the La Crosse 3610 (same as 3600??) TX-13 Thermo-hygro sensor can be found at the following link

            http://www.greatbigoutlet.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=9

            for $48.78 US.

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 10 11:20 AM
              Hi,
              It lasted for 4 years. But the windspeed sensor died more than a year ago and was replaced by a Inspeed Vortex.
              I opened the main outdoor unit, but could not see anything wrong there. But corrosion could be the cause of death.

              regards
              Audun
              http://vindkast.no
              Weather, AIS, Lightning and Seismograph

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 10 11:37 AM
                If the temperature humidity sensor died and the console is OK why don't you buy another TH sensor for La Crosse 3600, it only costs around 66 euro or so:
                 http://www.nouveauxobjets.com/tx13.php
                Regards, Eugen

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 10 12:12 PM
                  Simple reason: I've been looking for a reason to upgrade for a long time. And hopefully getting better quality than before.
                  Time will show if I'm right.

                  Audun