WUHU Manual UPDATED...

  • John Liss
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 30, 2009
      Hey Gang,

      After much debate about redoing the entire manual, I have decided to convert it over to a wiki.  I realize that I haven't been active much in the group lately and it would help the group more if a GROUP of people can update it.

      So with that said,  I am calling all you technical writers, English majors and yes even YOU Joe Smith that isn't either of the prior... to get on board with it.

      With the wiki everyone can edit it.  Everyone can sign up and become an editor.
      (By default anonymous users are read only)

      If you sign up and want to be an editor... let me know, I will promote users that I have seen on the email list to editors and you can add what I have missed.

      We can make this manual even better than it was before with several people adding to it.

      New URL:   http://www.lissproductions.org/wuhu_manual/  it is .org rather than .com.
      I'll have the old manual redirect off to the new one.

      -John
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 30, 2009
        Very nice John
        Thanks for doing this for us.
        I like the "recent additions" link, that way we can keep an eye on any new info added.

        Awesome !

        Steve

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, John Liss <john@...> wrote:

        > Hey Gang,
        >
        > After much debate about redoing the entire manual, I have decided to
        > convert it over to a wiki. I realize that I haven't been active much in
        > the group lately and it would help the group more if a GROUP of people
        > can update it.
        >
        > So with that said, I am calling all you technical writers, English
        > majors and yes even YOU Joe Smith that isn't either of the prior... to
        > get on board with it.
        >
        > With the wiki everyone can edit it. Everyone can sign up and become an
        > editor.
        > (By default anonymous users are read only)
        >
        > If you sign up and want to be an editor... let me know, I will promote
        > users that I have seen on the email list to editors and you can add what
        > I have missed.
        >
        > We can make this manual even better than it was before with several
        > people adding to it.
        >
        > New URL: http://www.lissproductions.org/wuhu_manual/ it is .org
        > rather than .com.
        > I'll have the old manual redirect off to the new one.
        >
        > -John

      • RS Moreland
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 31, 2009
          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, John Liss <john@...> wrote:

          > Hey Gang,
          >
          > After much debate about redoing the entire manual, I have decided to
          > convert it over to a wiki. I realize that I haven't been active much in
          > the group lately and it would help the group more if a GROUP of people
          > can update it.
          >
          > So with that said, I am calling all you technical writers, English
          > majors and yes even YOU Joe Smith that isn't either of the prior... to
          > get on board with it.
          >
          > With the wiki everyone can edit it. Everyone can sign up and become an
          > editor.
          > (By default anonymous users are read only)
          >
          > If you sign up and want to be an editor... let me know, I will promote
          > users that I have seen on the email list to editors and you can add what
          > I have missed.
          >
          > We can make this manual even better than it was before with several
          > people adding to it.
          >
          > New URL: http://www.lissproductions.org/wuhu_manual/ it is .org
          > rather than .com.
          > I'll have the old manual redirect off to the new one.
          >
          > -John

          Thanks John,
          This is excellent and very helpful.
          Regards, Bob
        • alrjr2001
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 31, 2009
            GREAT idea John! Nothing better then having the latest & greatest all in one place:-)

            Arnold In The Smokies
            DW1121

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, John Liss <john@...> wrote:

            > Hey Gang,
            >
            > After much debate about redoing the entire manual, I have decided to
            > convert it over to a wiki. I realize that I haven't been active much in
            > the group lately and it would help the group more if a GROUP of people
            > can update it.
            >
            > So with that said, I am calling all you technical writers, English
            > majors and yes even YOU Joe Smith that isn't either of the prior... to
            > get on board with it.
            >
            > With the wiki everyone can edit it. Everyone can sign up and become an
            > editor.
            > (By default anonymous users are read only)
            >
            > If you sign up and want to be an editor... let me know, I will promote
            > users that I have seen on the email list to editors and you can add what
            > I have missed.
            >
            > We can make this manual even better than it was before with several
            > people adding to it.
            >
            > New URL: http://www.lissproductions.org/wuhu_manual/ it is .org
            > rather than .com.
            > I'll have the old manual redirect off to the new one.
            >
            > -John

          • Chris R. Holt
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 31, 2009
              Hi John,

              Turning the manual into a Wiki is a GREAT idea, and thanks for doing
              it. I just tried registering on the Wiki site, and it said "Looks
              like there was an error on sending the password mail. Please contact
              the admin!"

              Let me know how to proceed - thanks!

              Chris Holt

              On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 1:27 PM, John Liss<john@...> wrote:

              > Hey Gang,
              >
              > After much debate about redoing the entire manual, I have decided to convert
              > it over to a wiki.  I realize that I haven't been active much in the group
              > lately and it would help the group more if a GROUP of people can update it.
              >
              > So with that said,  I am calling all you technical writers, English majors
              > and yes even YOU Joe Smith that isn't either of the prior... to get on board
              > with it.
              >
              > With the wiki everyone can edit it.  Everyone can sign up and become an
              > editor.
              > (By default anonymous users are read only)
              >
              > If you sign up and want to be an editor... let me know, I will promote users
              > that I have seen on the email list to editors and you can add what I have
              > missed.
              >
              > We can make this manual even better than it was before with several people
              > adding to it.
              >
              > New URL:   http://www.lissproductions.org/wuhu_manual/%c2%a0 it is .org rather
              > than .com.
              > I'll have the old manual redirect off to the new one.
              >
              > -John

            • John Liss
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 31, 2009
                Chris,
                Doh!  Gotta love new stuff.
                I'll take a look at it and see what is going up.  In the mean time I'll add you as a user.

[...]

                WUHU Download page:

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to: