Re: Getting the zero reading again

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 4 5:39 PM
      What is your weatherground ID? I will check it out and see if I can
      make anything out of it.

      It is odd that WUHU would upload the zero as it should be comparing new
      readings with those taken over the past 10 minutes. New readings should
      be within 10 degrees of the average.

      Will take a look.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Frerkes"
      <mfrerkes@m...> wrote:
      > At 1:03 AM I received my first "Zero" reading on version 129.
      > Everything except the wind reading was zero. Even the hourly
      > precipitation total, which had a .16" reading in the previous upload,
      > registered as a zero. Five minutes later in the next packet, it
      > showed back up as .16"
      >
      > Once again, it followed the pattern of occuring in the early morning
      > within the first five minutes of the hour. I wish I knew what was
      > causing this.
    • Mike Frerkes
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 5 9:02 PM
        My ID is KIAHAMPT1

        Thanks,
        Mike

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 7 12:53 PM
          Mike,

          I may have found the problem.

          If an update was received from Heavyweather, and the fields were
          completely bogus (fields will contain OFL or -999.0), and it was time
          to upload (minimum upload time period expired), it might have been
          possible that WUHU uploaded the garbage data.

          I made a new version, 130, available at the alternative download site.

          Please install and let me know if this version addresses the problem.

          Thanks.

          <mfrerkes@m...> wrote:
          > My ID is KIAHAMPT1
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Mike

          > <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > What is your weatherground ID? I will check it out and see if I
          > can
          > > make anything out of it.
          > >
          > > It is odd that WUHU would upload the zero as it should be
          > comparing new
          > > readings with those taken over the past 10 minutes. New readings
          > should
          > > be within 10 degrees of the average.
          > >
          > > Will take a look.
          > >
          > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Frerkes"
          > > <mfrerkes@m...> wrote:
          > > > At 1:03 AM I received my first "Zero" reading on version 129.
          > > > Everything except the wind reading was zero. Even the hourly
          > > > precipitation total, which had a .16" reading in the previous
          > upload,
          > > > registered as a zero. Five minutes later in the next packet,
          it
          > > > showed back up as .16"
          > > >
          > > > Once again, it followed the pattern of occuring in the early
          > morning
          > > > within the first five minutes of the hour. I wish I knew what
          > was
          > > > causing this.
        • Robert Laird
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 7 6:38 PM
            Got my data flowing from my 2310 via WUHU to WUnderground today... Thanks
            to all who made this possible... it's uber-cool!

            http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KTXFREEP2

            -- Robert
          • sashsusco
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 10 11:58 PM
              So far, so good. I'm on my third day with no zeroes after installing
              wuhu version 130. I had been having errors at least every other day
              prior to installing this version. Looks like it may be fixed. Of
              course, I'm expecting the kiss of death having now said something,
              they'll probably be back in the morning. Hope not, but for now, looks
              great.

              Much Appreciated

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 11 5:20 AM
                Mike,

                Thanks for the update.

                If you find any more anomalies in the upload data (or any other
                malfunction) please let me know.

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "sashsusco" <sase@p...>

              • sashsusco
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 11 11:52 AM
                  No biggy, but it was me, ScottE, who sent that last reply, sorry to
                  have butted in, but I had been following the thread since, I too, had
                  reported the same problem a couple of weeks ago now.

                  I will definitely keep you and the group informed if I encounter any
                  further problems, but the data is still looking great now.

                  I'm sure you solved a lot of people's problems with the version 130
                  update.

                  THANK AGAIN,
                  ScottE

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 11 11:57 AM
                    Scotte,

                    Thanks for the correction.

                    I made a 131 version today.

                    I found a bad dewpoint temp in my own upload data, so added code to
                    catch it.

                    I also added retry logic to Weather Underground uploads. I noticed
                    that they fail occasionally. Maybe overloaded servers, I am not sure.

                    In any case, thanks for helping with the bug corrections.