Re: [wuhu_software_group] WS-2310-11 issue

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 25, 2009
      Yes had the same issue - I relocated the base station away from the computer (it's
      putting out interference). I bought a phone extension cable so I could move the base
      station away from the PC - distance may vary based on level of interference

      > I have had my station down for some time due to a move. I decided to dig out my base
      > station and get it back up and running this week. Everything seems to be working great as
      > long as I don't turn on my computer, or locate the base anywhere near the PC. As soon as I
      > turn on the PC, the station no longer recieves any info from the thermo/hygro either
      > wirelessly, or by wire. I figured it was interference with a wireless device and I started
      > shutting down everything individually, but had no luck. As soon as I shut off my PC, I
      > suddenly get info from the thermo/hygro again. I have tried relocating the PC, but I can
      > only move it so far and I have had no luck. Has anyone had issues like this?
      >
      > Thanks

    • doodledad0214
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 25, 2009
        Yes I am, and the house I am in now does not have grounded plugs. Could that also have something to do with it?

        Thanks

        Are you running the PC and the console power pack off the same outlet or power strip? Could be a grounding issue between the two.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 25, 2009
          Try running the console just on batteries - to see if it's a grounding problem

          > Yes I am, and the house I am in now does not have grounded plugs. Could that also have
          > something to do with it?
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Are you running the PC and the console power pack off the same outlet or power strip? Could
          > be a grounding issue between the two.
          >

          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "doodledad0214" doodledad0214@> wrote:
          >
          > I have had my station down for some time due to a move. I decided to dig out my base
          > station and get it back up and running this week. Everything seems to be working great as
          > long as I don't turn on my computer, or locate the base anywhere near the PC. As soon as I
          > turn on the PC, the station no longer recieves any info from the thermo/hygro either
          > wirelessly, or by wire. I figured it was interference with a wireless device and I started
          > shutting down everything individually, but had no luck. As soon as I shut off my PC, I
          > suddenly get info from the thermo/hygro again. I have tried relocating the PC, but I can
          > only move it so far and I have had no luck. Has anyone had issues like this?
          >
          > Thanks

        • doodledad0214
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 25, 2009
            Just tried that...same problem

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mike.a.p@...> wrote:

            > Try running the console just on batteries - to see if it's a grounding problem
            >

            > > Yes I am, and the house I am in now does not have grounded plugs. Could that also have
            > > something to do with it?
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > >
            > > Are you running the PC and the console power pack off the same outlet or power strip? Could
            > > be a grounding issue between the two.
            > >

            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "doodledad0214" doodledad0214@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I have had my station down for some time due to a move. I decided to dig out my base
            > > station and get it back up and running this week. Everything seems to be working great as
            > > long as I don't turn on my computer, or locate the base anywhere near the PC. As soon as I
            > > turn on the PC, the station no longer recieves any info from the thermo/hygro either
            > > wirelessly, or by wire. I figured it was interference with a wireless device and I started
            > > shutting down everything individually, but had no luck. As soon as I shut off my PC, I
            > > suddenly get info from the thermo/hygro again. I have tried relocating the PC, but I can
            > > only move it so far and I have had no luck. Has anyone had issues like this?
            > >
            > > Thanks

          • D Doty
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 25, 2009
              I had a similar problem some time ago. I also have no grounded outlets. I ran a grounding wire from the PC case to the grounding rod the telephone company put in and everything works fine now.
              Dennis

              > Try running the console just on batteries - to see if it's a grounding problem
              >

              > > Yes I am, and the house I am in now does not have grounded plugs. Could that also have
              > > something to do with it?
              > >
              > > Thanks
              > >
              > > Are you running the PC and the console power pack off the same outlet or power strip? Could
              > > be a grounding issue between the two.
              > >

              > > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "doodledad0214" doodledad0214@ > wrote:
              > >
              > > I have had my station down for some time due to a move. I decided to dig out my base
              > > station and get it back up and running this week. Everything seems to be working great as
              > > long as I don't turn on my computer, or locate the base anywhere near the PC. As soon as I
              > > turn on the PC, the station no longer recieves any info from the thermo/hygro either
              > > wirelessly, or by wire. I figured it was interference with a wireless device and I started
              > > shutting down everything individually, but had no luck. As soon as I shut off my PC, I
              > > suddenly get info from the thermo/hygro again. I have tried relocating the PC, but I can
              > > only move it so far and I have had no luck. Has anyone had issues like this?
              > >
              > > Thanks

            • doodledad0214
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 25, 2009
                Thanks for the info. I might have to try that.