Re: Too Hot to Work

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2009
      Bob,

      If you are using Heavyweather, the easiest way to see what HW is reporting to WUHU is by opening the currdat.lst file with notepad.

      Many times HW shows data on the screen but sends bad data to the currdat.lst file. Since WUHU cannot talk to the station when it is receiving it's input via currdat.lst, there is no way to get around the problem other than to use WUHU in direct serial mode and stop running HW.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Bob Tyszka <baluncru@...> wrote:

      > Ok, now the unit has begun reporting again, after about three hours.
      > The unit and Heavy Weather both show the temperature, but WUHU is
      > showing 0. I restarted WUHU but no change.
      >
      > Bob T.
      >
      > Bob Tyszka wrote:
      > >

      > > My OS 2308 has stopped transmitting. The temp/hygro sensor is in a
      > > shelter and transmits wirelessly to the display console. Yet it seems
      > > that once the outdoor temp hit 105 the outdoor sensor quit
      > > transmitting. The manual says that the max temp is 158, so why did it
      > > quit? I replaced the batteries on the outdoor unit and resynched, yet
      > > nothing. It stopped all transmission including wind speed and direction.
      > >
      > > Thanks;
      > >
      > > Bob Tyszka
      > > California City, CA
      > > Mojave Desert
      > > KCACALIF5/CWOP9012

    • Brian Richman
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18, 2009
        I have a 2300 device too - this last week it has been reporting local temps as high as 110 degrees with no problems. It can be hot here in North Texas too!

        Perhaps the power supply is not up to the job? I have found "AA" batteries can be badly affected by extremes of temperature if they are close to the end of their life... just a thought.