Re: No History

    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 4 4:24 PM
      The reason that I do not change the settings in the console is because the communication scheme that La Crosse chose to use is not reliable. The protocol does not use what I would consider as a even a minimal level of error checking to ensure that the data is not misinterpreted.

      In the event that a console misinterprets the data, there is a possibility that the console could become permanently damaged and would cease to function. I am not willing to take that risk given that hundreds of people are using the software.

      For that reason, you must use Heavy Weather to make certain changes. If your console dies, you can have La Crosse send you a new one if it is still under warranty. If they were to learn that some third party software was used to make changes in the console, I am certain they would void the warranty entirely.