Re: Solar Power anyone?

  • petros0022
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2009
      Hi Brian and thank you.
      I thought again and because you want only 3 volt with low current this is a better-cheap solution for you.

      I give you the electronic design

      http://i82.servimg.com/u/f82/11/22/64/62/circui10.jpg

      You will use 2 sollars panel 3 volt 100 mA everyone ,you conect it at serial for to have 6 volt dc ,you will buy 3 charge batery AA Ni-Mi 1300 mAh at serial conection,one blocking diode 1N 4001 one regulator 78LC33 it is for low current mA,if you do not found you can to put 7833 it is about for 1 A ,and one ceramic capacitor 100 nF ,and you will have output 3,3 volt dc.

      This is the solar panel

      http://www.rapidonline.com/Tools-Fasteners-Production-Equipment/Fasteners-Fixings/Miscellaneous/3V-Solar-panel/75897/kw/42-0240

      I wait and for you soon photos from your construction !!!!.

      Best regards from Greece
      Dimitris

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Richman" <bjrichus@...> wrote:

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "petros0022"
      > > <petros0022@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Brian
      > > You can to put any solar panel 12 volt 5 watt and after with a
      > > serial resistor 120 Ohm 1 watt,or regulator (LM 317 or 7803)to
      > > drop the voltage to 3 volt .
      > > But you will need a baterry and a charge controler for to save
      > > the voltage and the night.
      >

      > Hey Dimitris,
      >
      > It does look like it's easy to do, I did think that putting a LM317 in would possibly be too much for a really low voltage system, but I might give it a try out of spare parts from the 'left-over' box!
      >
      > Do you know of any good web sites with sample circuits on?
      >
      > Thanks - I like to watch your projects as you build them online too.
      >
      > Brian.

    • Brian Richman
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 7, 2009
        > I give you the electronic design
        >
        > http://i82.servimg.com/u/f82/11/22/64/62/circui10.jpg

        Great. This is exactly what I was looking to build - simple yet effective. This looks like it came from a magazine or book. Is there some kind of online source for it?

        > This is the solar panel
        >
        > http://www.rapidonline.com/Tools-Fasteners-Production-Equipment/Fasteners-Fixings/Miscellaneous/3V-Solar-panel/75897/kw/42-0240

        Well now - Colchester, Essex. I used to live near there (in North East London - about 30 minutes car drive away), before I emigrated to Texas nearly a decade ago! I've got a longer journey now!!!

        Thanks again.

        Brian.