AWEKAS today not upload

  • petros0022
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 28, 2009
      Hi all
      Today i had observe AWEKAS not upload ,there is any body else with same problem ?

      Best regards from Greece
      Dimitris
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 28, 2009
        Yes same here - no uploads for over 17 hours

        Sat Jun 27 15:45:00 2009 > AWEKAS Upload has Failed.
        Sun Jun 28 08:49:18 2009 > AWEKAS Upload has Failed.

        > Hi all
        > Today i had observe AWEKAS not upload ,there is any body else with same problem ?
        >
        > Best regards from Greece
        > Dimitris
        > http://users.otenet.gr/ ~meteo/index.html

      • mike.chiotis
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 28, 2009
          You are right. Awekas server must be down. Till this message is still of line. Well these things always happened.

          Mike

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "petros0022" <petros0022@...> wrote:

          > Hi all
          > Today i had observe AWEKAS not upload ,there is any body else with same problem ?
          >
          > Best regards from Greece
          > Dimitris
          > http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/index.html

        • Wayne Thomas
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 28, 2009
            Same here wt

            On 6/28/09, petros0022 <petros0022@...> wrote:
            > Hi all
            > Today i had observe AWEKAS not upload ,there is any body else with same
            > problem ?
            >
            > Best regards from Greece
            > Dimitris
            > http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/index.html

            > WUHU Download page:

            http://www.smythweather.net/wxgraphic/wxgraphic.php?type=banner_big
          • Juha Jäntti
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 28, 2009
              Hi all.

              I had this too and tracked it down to be a DNS/Windows issue.
              For reasons unknown, AWEKAS changed its IP address and your computer is probably still cacheing the old IP address, resulting in upload failures.

              Workaround follows:

              1. Open up the command prompt on your machine.
              2. Type ipconfig /FLUSHDNS and press Enter. This clears the DNS resolver cache on your machine.
              3. Then type nslookup www.awekas.at and press Enter. You should now get a Non-authoritative answer from your ISP, confirming a new IP address.
              4. AWEKAS uploads should now work again.

              If the above method fails, it is also possible that your ADSL or Cable modem has a DNS cache of its own and hasn't flushed it yet. Turning the modem off and then back on should result in DNS cache flush. Once that's done, repeat the above procedure and things should return back to normal.

              Hope this helps.
              Best Regards,
              Juha
              Weather Station Operator
              Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)
              CW4473 / DW3039
              IUUSIMAA2 / IUUSIMAA8

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "petros0022" <petros0022@...> wrote:

              > Hi all
              > Today i had observe AWEKAS not upload ,there is any body else with same problem ?
              >
              > Best regards from Greece
              > Dimitris
              > http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/index.html

            • D Doty