Getting the zero reading again

  • Mike Frerkes
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 4, 2005
      At 1:03 AM I received my first "Zero" reading on version 129.
      Everything except the wind reading was zero. Even the hourly
      precipitation total, which had a .16" reading in the previous upload,
      registered as a zero. Five minutes later in the next packet, it
      showed back up as .16"

      Once again, it followed the pattern of occuring in the early morning
      within the first five minutes of the hour. I wish I knew what was
      causing this.
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 4, 2005
        What is your weatherground ID? I will check it out and see if I can
        make anything out of it.

        It is odd that WUHU would upload the zero as it should be comparing new
        readings with those taken over the past 10 minutes. New readings should
        be within 10 degrees of the average.

        Will take a look.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Frerkes"
        <mfrerkes@m...> wrote:
        > At 1:03 AM I received my first "Zero" reading on version 129.
        > Everything except the wind reading was zero. Even the hourly
        > precipitation total, which had a .16" reading in the previous upload,
        > registered as a zero. Five minutes later in the next packet, it
        > showed back up as .16"
        >
        > Once again, it followed the pattern of occuring in the early morning
        > within the first five minutes of the hour. I wish I knew what was
        > causing this.
      • Mike Frerkes
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 5, 2005
          My ID is KIAHAMPT1

          Thanks,
          Mike

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 7, 2005
            Mike,

            I may have found the problem.

            If an update was received from Heavyweather, and the fields were
            completely bogus (fields will contain OFL or -999.0), and it was time
            to upload (minimum upload time period expired), it might have been
            possible that WUHU uploaded the garbage data.

            I made a new version, 130, available at the alternative download site.

            Please install and let me know if this version addresses the problem.

            Thanks.

            <mfrerkes@m...> wrote:
            > My ID is KIAHAMPT1
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Mike

            > <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > What is your weatherground ID? I will check it out and see if I
            > can
            > > make anything out of it.
            > >
            > > It is odd that WUHU would upload the zero as it should be
            > comparing new
            > > readings with those taken over the past 10 minutes. New readings
            > should
            > > be within 10 degrees of the average.
            > >
            > > Will take a look.
            > >
            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Frerkes"
            > > <mfrerkes@m...> wrote:
            > > > At 1:03 AM I received my first "Zero" reading on version 129.
            > > > Everything except the wind reading was zero. Even the hourly
            > > > precipitation total, which had a .16" reading in the previous
            > upload,
            > > > registered as a zero. Five minutes later in the next packet,
            it
            > > > showed back up as .16"
            > > >
            > > > Once again, it followed the pattern of occuring in the early
            > morning
            > > > within the first five minutes of the hour. I wish I knew what
            > was
            > > > causing this.
          • Robert Laird
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 7, 2005
              Got my data flowing from my 2310 via WUHU to WUnderground today... Thanks
              to all who made this possible... it's uber-cool!

              http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KTXFREEP2

              -- Robert
            • sashsusco
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 10, 2005
                So far, so good. I'm on my third day with no zeroes after installing
                wuhu version 130. I had been having errors at least every other day
                prior to installing this version. Looks like it may be fixed. Of
                course, I'm expecting the kiss of death having now said something,
                they'll probably be back in the morning. Hope not, but for now, looks
                great.

                Much Appreciated

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 11, 2005
                  Mike,

                  Thanks for the update.

                  If you find any more anomalies in the upload data (or any other
                  malfunction) please let me know.

                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "sashsusco" <sase@p...>

                • sashsusco
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 11, 2005
                    No biggy, but it was me, ScottE, who sent that last reply, sorry to
                    have butted in, but I had been following the thread since, I too, had
                    reported the same problem a couple of weeks ago now.

                    I will definitely keep you and the group informed if I encounter any
                    further problems, but the data is still looking great now.

                    I'm sure you solved a lot of people's problems with the version 130
                    update.

                    THANK AGAIN,
                    ScottE

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 11, 2005
                      Scotte,

                      Thanks for the correction.

                      I made a 131 version today.

                      I found a bad dewpoint temp in my own upload data, so added code to
                      catch it.

                      I also added retry logic to Weather Underground uploads. I noticed
                      that they fail occasionally. Maybe overloaded servers, I am not sure.

                      In any case, thanks for helping with the bug corrections.