Re: WUHU Not uploading

  • nov0ale
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 17, 2009
      Hey John,

      I allowed wuhu as an exception and turned the firewall off just for giggles to see if that would work.

      No go on either.

      Good thinking though, thanks!

      Chris W

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 18, 2009
        You do have a station ID and password entered?

        The check box in the upper right, the user name and password are used to determine whether or not to send. The only other condition is that you press the start button.

        If you see the data under the stats (at left side of screen), it should be working.

        What is odd is that it is never attempting to send.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "nov0ale" <nov0ale@...> wrote:

        > Howdy, thanks for the response!
        >
        > I have the boxes checked, and rapid fire checked as well.
        >
        > I have tried unchecking, rechecking and restarting.
        >
        > I dont see any errors regarding uploads/queries in the log. I can send you any info you need.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Chris W
        > >

        > > Upload values of 0/0 would indicate that WUHU never attempted to upload. The meaning of these values are Success / Attempts.
        > >
        > > Make sure the small check box in the upper right hand corner of the WU section has a check in it.
        > >

        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "nov0ale" <nov0ale@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi,
        > > >
        > > > I'm running windows server 2008, and have wuhu installed but its not uploading to cwop/weather underground, Uploads stay at 0 / 0
        > > >
        > > > maybe i'm overlooking something, and no errors are coming up on the logs.
        > > >
        > > > I've entered all my info, and see that it is getting correct data from the weather station, I hit start and nothing.
        > > >
        > > > I have tried with rapid fire enabled and disabled, and have verified my PWS ID and password a few times....Any ideas anyone?
        > > >
        > > > Thanks!
        > > >

        > > > Chris W

      • nov0ale
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 18, 2009
          Yep, and yep. its a fresh install of Windows server 2008 too....

          I'm running another fresh install of '08 right now to see what happens. I used to run wuhu about 6 months ago, never had a problem. Hope to use it again, I will see what happens.

          Chris W

          > You do have a station ID and password entered?
          >
          > The check box in the upper right, the user name and password are used to determine whether or not to send. The only other condition is that you press the start button.
          >
          > If you see the data under the stats (at left side of screen), it should be working.
          >
          > What is odd is that it is never attempting to send.
          >

          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "nov0ale" <nov0ale@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Howdy, thanks for the response!
          > >
          > > I have the boxes checked, and rapid fire checked as well.
          > >
          > > I have tried unchecking, rechecking and restarting.
          > >
          > > I dont see any errors regarding uploads/queries in the log. I can send you any info you need.
          > >
          > > Thanks!
          > >
          > > Chris W
          > > >

          > > > Upload values of 0/0 would indicate that WUHU never attempted to upload. The meaning of these values are Success / Attempts.
          > > >
          > > > Make sure the small check box in the upper right hand corner of the WU section has a check in it.

        • Randy
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 20, 2009
            I have not worked with Windows server 2008, but knowing Microsoft and Vista issues, did they do anything similar to the registry like the UAC stuff with Vista? Also I am wondering about dependency files. I am not sure of all of the dll or ocx files, but could it possibly be that one of them is not registered correctly? You said you ran it before and it was fine. Was it Server 2008? and if so, was it a clean install of 2008 or an upgrade. Could be if it was an upgrade, then there was a dependency file that is missing.

            Hope this helps.

            Randy Z