Re: tweets

  • Randy
    Message 1 of 31 , Jun 1, 2009
      Sorry I was not around earlier. SO is this the longest single conversation ever started?

      The 3rd example in the file section has the instructions on how to run an action file with multiple commands. It first creates a file from the template, and then the vb program uploads the text file data to Twitter. I tried to set it up so that the twitter id and twitter password were in the command like, as in Don's file, but I had issues with the syntax. (Could be just that my template had a percent sign (%) and brackets ().) So what I did was create a text file, and the Twitter ID and Password are pulled from that file.

      but the line below is in the action on activation
      actionfile: "action.txt"

      then the action.txt has the 2 lines of tasks to run.

      Could not understand my coworkers today. None of them thought that a personal weather station tweeting was as cool those of us in this group do.. Enjoy

      Randy
      http://www.twitter.com/davislakewx

      > It does Heath just explained it to me in email Thanks Don & Heath and everybody this is pretty NEAT!!
      >
      > Both cmds function from the action file
      >
      > Rick
      > KOHWAPAK1
      > http://twitter.com/wapakweathercom
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Don <don@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I think using an action file will work. Check out the section in the
      > > manual under Setting up WUHU->Alerts/Actions->Using Actions-> Performing
      > > multiple actions with a action file.
      > >
      > > http://www.lissproductions.com/wuhumanual/
      > >
      > > Rick wrote:
      > > >

      > > > I need to be able to run 2 commands On Update anyone know how to do
      > > > that? I sent Heath an email but I'm guessing hes busy ..Steve maybe??
      > > >
      > > > Rick
      > > > KOHWAPAK1
      > > > http://twitter.com/wapakweathercom <http://twitter.com/wapakweathercom>
      > > >
      > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com

      > > > template every so often. I can do some coding in vb6, but can not seem
      > > > to find what they need to do a post. I was thinking of running a
      > > > program in the back ground to post up to twitter every 1 to 2 hrs.
      > > > Below is what I had set up for the template file:

      > > > Pressure: 29.87 in / 1011.51 hPa (steady) | 24Hr Rain: 0.00 in | Wind:
      > > > 0.0 mph toward SSW

      > > > http://twitter.com/hutchweather <http://twitter.com/hutchweather> was
      > > > the first one that I had found and was looking at doing something
      > > > similar, except just send up data from my weather station.

      > > > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>, "wuhu_software"

      > > > is out. Do not see in the twitter api how it can be done in VB6, so
      > > > guess I will just have to wait and see.

      > > > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>, "Norman E. Avila G."

      > > > twitter is

      > > > <cookevilleweatherguy@>

      > > > latest
      > > > often to send data.
      > > > once an
      > > > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>>

      > > > was sending
      > > > like they were

      > > > about

      > > > http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KNCCHARL46
      > > > <http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KNCCHARL46>

    • Rick
      Message 31 of 31 , Jun 2, 2009
        I'm geeky enough I already have a widget..its cool, Didn't want the interactive one its a space hog!
        Look at www.wapakweather.com

        Rick
        KOHWAPAK!