Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: tweets

  • Norman E. Avila G.
    Message 1 of 31 , Jun 1, 2009
      I am loving twitter, see a lot of potential as an information system, news, and disaster response for example, we have followed wx phenomena here in Central America by user reporting ist conditions realtime you can monitor the movement of a local storm or earthquake location and damage assesment.. faster that news services..

      regards

      Norman E. Avila G.
      -------------------------------
      USA (415)  287-0310
      GUA (502) 2360-9950

      On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Don <don@...> wrote:

      And that's one of the nice things about Twitter.  You can choose who you follow.

      :D

      Don

      Norman E. Avila G. wrote:

      Just my 2 cents, I have not make operational to tweet data all time, just some or some alerts, like temps above 28C or rain above 25mm etc, since i use it more for alerts..or extraordinary data, maybe 1 a day tweet with max / min ...

      I particuallary will not want to follow an account that fills my timeline with wx messages  every 30 mins...

      regards

      Norman E. Avila G.
      -------------------------------
      USA (415)  287-0310
      GUA (502) 2360-9950

      On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Charles Owen <CMOwen@...> wrote:

      The nice thing is that sweets can be text messaged to you.

      From: Don
      Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 09:01:24 -0700 Subject: Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: tweets

      It's all posted in the Files section under Twitter Helpers.
      Don

      Larry Myers wrote:

      I for one would like to see what you did. I have my weather station sending me a Text message with current conditions, and I do not think this would be all that bad to add as well.

      Thanks Don,
      Larry

      On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 1:55 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:

      I was able to do it with VB6. It's actually really easy. I'll send you what I did if you're interested.

      Don

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Randy" <aa4zr@...> wrote:

      > Thanks guys. had not planned on putting it on a website,so php is out. Do not see in the twitter api how it can be done in VB6, so guess I will just have to wait and see.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Norman E. Avila G." <neavilag@> wrote:
      > >
      > > basically you can do it with php for example
      > >

      > > Norman E. Avila G.
      > > -------------------------------
      > > USA (415) 287-0310
      > > GUA (502) 2360-9950
      > >

      > > On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Norman E. Avila G. <neavilag@>wrote:
      > >
      > > > Hi I can do it actually not for now but is in our plan, my twitter is
      > > > @climaya and my site is www.ClimaYa.com but is in spanish
      > > >
      > > > Norman E. Avila G.
      > > > USA (415) 287-0310
      > > > GUA (502) 2360-9950

    • Rick
      Message 31 of 31 , Jun 2, 2009
        I'm geeky enough I already have a widget..its cool, Didn't want the interactive one its a space hog!
        Look at www.wapakweather.com

        Rick
        KOHWAPAK!
        http://twitter.com/wapakweathercom