Wasps in radiation shield

  • carlgenlnrt
    Message 1 of 3 , May 28, 2009
      Does anybody have an idea on how to keep wasps out of the radiation shield? The only thing I can think of is to take some screen and maybe paint it white and install on the inside.

      Thanks,
      Carl
    • Rick
      Message 2 of 3 , May 29, 2009
        I used a Bird House for my Shield its lined with Screen on the inside and painted white you can see it here at www.wapakweather.com top of the page in the slide show.

        Rick
        KOHWAPAK1

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "carlgenlnrt" <carlgenlnrt@...> wrote:

        > Does anybody have an idea on how to keep wasps out of the radiation shield? The only thing I can think of is to take some screen and maybe paint it white and install on the inside.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Carl

      • Juha Jäntti
        Message 3 of 3 , May 29, 2009
          Hi Carl.

          I used mothballs to get rid of bees trying to nest in my radiation shield with success. It might work on wasps too but since we don't have (much of) them here in northern Europe and the bees here are European in origin, I can't guarantee any success in the U.S., though.

          Best Regards,
          Juha
          Weather Station Operator
          Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)