Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: A question about templates and the new version of WUHU

  • Larry Myers
    Message 1 of 8 , May 8, 2009
      Ok, I will reinstall the new version tonight and see what happens. The template was actually creating a csv of fields like it should but instead of numbers many of the fields were in the format %[time2]time_date%. So I would have as an example %[time2]time_date%,%[time2]time%,65.5,55.3,%[exampledata]subset% now granted the example uses one correct field for sure, but since I do not have my template or file in front of me I cannot say what fields I am using but there was like 80 fields in the template and more than half were template names instead of the data value associated with it. I did leave it running for a few hours before switching back to the older version and it just kept doing it. Which brings me to a compliment for you, thanks for making your softtware very EASY to install that makes it very easy on us as users to migrate from version to version.

      I will let you know what I find,
      Thanks for your help,
      Larry

      On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 6:03 PM, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

      Larry,

      I am not sure why those fields are not working, they should.

      They require that you are outputting the currdat.lst file and have 'Write Extended Data' enabled.

      Are you saying that fields like %[time2]time_date% are sent to the output file?

      Double check that the paths are correct.

      If it still is not working let me know.

      Message 2 of 8 , May 8, 2009
        Larry,

        Fire off a copy of your template in email, I will try to run it over here.

        Thanks.

        Message 3 of 8 , May 9, 2009
          Here is my template, I have been using it for over a year or so now, I have yet to reinstall the latest version....but will try later today (Saturday).

          Thanks for your help again,
          Larry

          Message 4 of 8 , May 9, 2009
            Larry,

            I believe I have found and fixed the problem. The METAR_sky variable could be empty, resulting in the entire string not being processed properly.

            This was caused when I hacked in the new WUHU Extremes.ini file and missed something.

            Download the latest version and let me know if that addresses the problem.

            Message 5 of 8 , May 9, 2009
              ok...cool thanks....will run down and do this now and will let you know in a few minutes.

              Thanks again,
              Larry

              Message 6 of 8 , May 9, 2009
                It looks like it has worked...I have seen two updates show up in the DB and they are valid data points too.....WUHU!! oh wait thats woohoo!...Thnanks again for all of your hard work in keeping this app working for us!!

                Larry