Re: WS2316 Modification

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 11, 2009
      Agreed, When I first started looking into PWS's I was surprised at how low they DOD NOT go. Even more surprised that for som eyou had to buy a "low temperature" sensor and that was just to get into the negative 20's

      > It is odd that they do not have a better range in the low temperature side. Much of Northern U.S. and Canada have temperatures that low.
      >
      > I guess they do not see those cold temps in China where they design this stuff.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "davidmc36" <davidmc36@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks for the info. I will likely stick with this unit. It won't be a huge deal since we only get the scattered day below 30 in Ottawa, just wanted to make sure there wasn't something easy to do. Strange how they put that limitation on that station where my 1612IT goes to minus 40C, but obviously can't go on-line so I bought the 2316.

      > > > The temperature ranges are limited by the internal software of the remote thermo unit and the embedded sensors. You would probably have to switch out the temperature sensor, if you could even find one that has a wider range and the same electrical characteristics. It would probably be cheaper to buy a whole new weather station.

    • alrjr2001
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 12, 2009
        I HIGHLY doubt the La Crosse units are "designed" in China, I'm sure there are some "knock-off" type units that are copied but not designed there. Once the Chinese start to design decent products we will be in far more dire straights as a country then we are now.

        Arnold In The Smokies
        DW1121