Lightning Protection

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2009
      I thought this would be a good time for a reminder and to advise all the new members.
      The LaCrosse PWS are very, very prone to damage from nearby and not so near by lightning strikes. There are many on this list who have lost either a console or a serial port from this.
      It is strongly suggested that you use a Seriall Port Surge Protector between the console and the computer, they are not expensive at all. It is further suggested that if possible you run wireless if there are Thunderstorms in the area.

      Just hoping to to save someone some problems.