Re: WUHU crash

    Message 1 of 65 , Mar 30, 2009
      If you used the pin out for the male DB-9 on the page that I posted, and WUHU was running at the time using that port, then I would guess that the handshake issue is the problem. The console must have different voltages on DTR and RTS to work.

      Why the USB (or Win64) is not supporting handshaking, I do not know. I suppose the only way to know is by doing the same test on a real serial port under Win64 to see if those handshake lines work. That would then tell use whether or not is a USB driver issue only.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, D Doty <oldcessna21@...> wrote:

      > I hope I have done this right.
      > I get -6.35 Volts on both pins.... from the usb connector.
      > I get no voltage on either pin from the console.
      > This voltage was taken on pin 4 to pin 5 and from pin 7 to pin 5.
      > Neg. probe on pin 5 in both cases.
      > Dennis

    • D Doty
      Message 65 of 65 , Mar 30, 2009
        It's been about 18 months. The rain sensor went intermittent, then quit. Problem is the reed switch. After fighting it for a couple of weeks, I replaced it with the OS WMR968.
        I like that system much better, but then the anemometer quit on the 968, So I installed my new Davis Vantage Pro.