Re: WUHU-Heavyweather Beta 2 Crash

  • David Higgins
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
      The time between crashes is variable - but it does crash. Windows
      throws it Crash window first. I click OK and Heavyweather is closed
      down.

      I am running Heavyweather beta 2 and WUHU by the way. My Laptop
      doesn't have a serial port so I ma using a USB to Serial converter
      (exactly the same serial to usb unit on the other Laptop - but no
      crashes there and it has been running 24 hrs non stop now)

      Interesting that you say 5 minutes because there are settings for
      less - though they do not appear to work.

      I'm hoping to run the station through the XP SP1 laptop and then
      transfer the data via the other laptop (I only have a single dialup
      connection) - thats why I was so interested in a data history
      transfer.

      Cheers

      David

      > David,
      >
      > That is interesting, I have not heard of that before. Hopefully
      others
      > are using XP SP2.
      >
      > I believe that the minimum period for writing to history.dat is 5
      > minutes. Did you install Heavyweather in to a different directory
      from
      > the default (C:\HeavyWeather)?
      >
      > Does the application report an error or does it just disappear?
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "David Higgins"
      > <higginsdj@b...> wrote:
      > > I run XP Home, SP2 and I get a WSP crash every 5 minutes (closes
      down
      > > Heavyweather Beta 2). It doesn't cause a problem on my other
      laptop
      > > which is running XP Home SP1.
      > >
      > > Now just testin gto see if the problem is related to the fact
      that I
      > > was running Heavyweather Beta 2 minimised.
      > >
      > > Cheers
      > >
      > > David Higgins
      > > E14
      > > Canberra, Australia
      > > http://users.bigpond.com/higginsdj
    • stevech
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
        HeavyWeather has crashed here too, on XP Pro. Debug suggests it used a
        pointer incorrectly.

        The time between crashes is variable - but it does crash. Windows
        throws it Crash window first. I click OK and Heavyweather is closed
        down.

        I am running Heavyweather beta 2 and WUHU by the way. My Laptop
        doesn't have a serial port so I ma using a USB to Serial converter
        (exactly the same serial to usb unit on the other Laptop - but no
        crashes there and it has been running 24 hrs non stop now)

        Interesting that you say 5 minutes because there are settings for
        less - though they do not appear to work.

        I'm hoping to run the station through the XP SP1 laptop and then
        transfer the data via the other laptop (I only have a single dialup
        connection) - thats why I was so interested in a data history
        transfer.

        Cheers

        David

        > David,
        >
        > That is interesting, I have not heard of that before. Hopefully
        others
        > are using XP SP2.
        >
        > I believe that the minimum period for writing to history.dat is 5
        > minutes. Did you install Heavyweather in to a different directory
        from
        > the default (C:\HeavyWeather)?
        >
        > Does the application report an error or does it just disappear?
        >
        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "David Higgins"
        > <higginsdj@b...> wrote:
        > > I run XP Home, SP2 and I get a WSP crash every 5 minutes (closes
        down
        > > Heavyweather Beta 2). It doesn't cause a problem on my other
        laptop
        > > which is running XP Home SP1.
        > >
        > > Now just testin gto see if the problem is related to the fact
        that I
        > > was running Heavyweather Beta 2 minimised.
        > >
        > > Cheers
        > >
        > > David Higgins
        > > E14
        > > Canberra, Australia