Re: Sending history to WUHU

  • David Higgins
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
      Then one has to wonder why they bother storing the data at all! It
      seems like an awful waste not to be able to upload data for those
      that are not always online.

      Cheers

      David

      <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:

      > As far as uploading to CWOP, they only want the latest weather
      data
      > (if you want to upload once per hour, that is ok).
      >
      > I am not sure, but I do not believe that WU is prepared to deal
      with
      > queued data. I do not believe we send the time stamp of the
      weather
      > data to them. That being the case, they probably cannot deal with
      > queued data either.
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "David Higgins"
      > <higginsdj@b...> wrote:
      > > Is there a way to send the stations history to WUHU as opposed
      > > current values?
      > >
      > > I'll have my gear on and recording 24/7 but I will only connect
      > the
      > > web every now and then and want all that data to be uploaded.
      > >
      > > Cheers
      > >
      > > David Higgins
      > > E14
      > > Canberra, Australia
      > > http://users.bigpond.com/higginsdj
    • David Higgins
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2005
        Shaun from WU replied to me with the format his server expects to
        get and this includes the UTC date time stamp so he could not see
        any probems with sending 'historical' data up (presumably in the
        correct order rather than randomly).

        Sample line (its a formed URL)

        /weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php?
        ID=stationID&PASSWORD=password&dateutc=2005-01-28+05%3A41%
        3A38&winddir=174&windspeedmph=33.0&windgustmph=40.0&tempf=40.80&raini
        n=0.00&baro
        min=30.24&dewptf=35.12&humidity=80&weather=&clouds=CLR&softwaretype=t
        ype
        &action=updateraw

        Note that for '+05%3A41%3A38', the + means UTC is ahead of the
        station's time, 05 is the UTC hour, 41 is the UTC minutes and 38 is
        the UTC seconds.

        I think the rest is pretty self explainatory.

        Cheers

        David