Re: Problem with new PC

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
      I had this same Problem over the weekend for 6 hours on Sat. I had
      not even been on the computer when it started. I did everything
      rebooted reinstalled WUHU cleared everything out started over still
      same thing.

      So Then I cleared out usb ports put new USB to seial connector in
      line, still same thing.

      Finally I rebooted once again set a new com port and just let it go
      suddenly it started working again. I have NO Idea what caused it and
      don't know what fixed it. But you might try setting a diff com port

      Rick
      KOHWAPAK1

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Parker

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
        Dennis I found this in the forums

        "To enable the Inspeed, you add the following to the INI file in the
        general setting section:

        [General Settings]
        .
        .
        .
        Alternate Wind Sensor Type=1
        Alternate Wind Sensor Port=COM4"

        or what ever comm port your Inspeed is set up on.

        Steve

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "oldcessna21" <oldcessna21@...> wrote:

        > Hi Folks;
        > This is Dennis from IZAMBALE1 in the Philippines.
        > I just installed a Davis Pro II to replace my WMR968. (The anemometer
        > failed)
        > When I purchased the Davis pro, I also purchased an Inspeed Vortex
        > anemometer.
        > Both are now installed, and the Davis is working as advertised, but
        > when I try to access the Vortex, the computer responds that it cannot
        > find the alternate sensor on the port specified. I have tried to
        > change the specified port in the .ini file and that changes the the
        > port of the weather station.
        > Can someone explain what I need to do to gather the info from the
        > Vortex? The station is on com1 and the vortex is on com4.
        > Any help will be appreciated.
        > Dennis

      • D Doty
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
          Thanks Steve.
          I found the part in the forums where it said to change the alternate wind sensor to
          type 1, but did not find the specific instructions to add the alt sensor port line to the .ini file.
          Done now and all working fine.
          Dennis  IZAMBALES1 / CW7056

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
            Dennis, glad it worked, you will love the Inspeed. I have had mine for a year now.
            Steve

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 21, 2009
              I have had my Inspeed Vortex up for just over a year now. I can hear a slight squeaking noise and perhaps loosing the low end. I remember the paperwork that came with it mentioned how to lubricate the bearings. I can not seem to locate my paperwork and can not find the manual online. I think the new sapghire bearing version does not need any maintenance. Mine was the older version. Does anyone who purchased an Inspeed have a copy of the manual and can pass along how to lubricate it. I can probably just figure it out, but would hate to waste a trip to the top of the roof just to find out I couldn't figure it out...LOL.
              I am sure the company will forward me a copy, but hoped to lubricate it this weekend, thought I knew just where I put the manual....LOL
              Thanks, Steve