Re: Wunderground

  • Jules
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2009
      Thanks Steve, Scott and WUHU? Lol.

      Thanks to you i think I am up and running. My station is called
      IGREATER8 have a look and see if you think it is going ok!

      You were right, in my WUHU info page on my PC I had put my username
      in the box rather than my station name (IGREATER8). And that was not
      letting it update to the web.

      Another question. Do I have to open WUHU on my PC to allow it to
      update, or will it do it as long as the PC is on (and WUHU not open).

      Also I have noticed a couple of times that when I first open Heavy
      Weather and then the WUHU panel that the HW one sometimes crashes and
      I get a ....has unexpectedly closed, do you wish to tell Microsift etc
      etc. It doesn't seem to do any harm but a bit annoying.
      Thanks again for all your help. I can't wait for the graphs to grow.
      I thought the ones in HW were a bit naff, the graphics that is.

      On another front i see there is a lot for the Ham radio operator too
      in this hobby looking at the links in the WUHU pane. I AM a ham
      although I've been silent (not though in the true sense as a silent
      key is a dead ham, lol) for some years. Perhaps once I get to grips
      with all this I should get my old Yeasu out!

      Signing off
      Jules, IGREATER8, G0JES. Lol.

      > Jules,
      >
      > Did you enter your Weather Underground account information in to the
      > WUHU main screen? The station id should be something like (KMIBRIGH2
      > an example). The password is the same one you use to log in to Weather
      > Undergound.
      >
      > There is also a small checkbox in the Weather Underground section (at
      > the upper right) that must be checked.
      >
      > To make changes to the station ID in WUHU, hit the stop button. Once
      > you make your changes, hit the start button.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Jules" <jules50uk@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi. I am floundering here a bit. I did as I was advised and
      > > downloaded the WUHU software as you said it was better than heavy
      > > weather. It installed and i guess it works ok. I get a chart showing
      > > all the info. But it doesn't seem much better than the heavy weather
      > > one. I looked at the Guages, they are quite nice. Then i hit the link
      > > "My Weather Data aat WU" and signed into an account there. I assumed
      > > my info would then load up onto my page there but it doesn't. Should
      > > it. It just says "Data Not Available". What do i have to do to get it
      > > there. Sorry to be dim but I can get no help from the site itself.
      > > Also Heavy Weather has History which is good to see past
      > > measurements. The Weather Underground chart doesn't seem to have
      > that.
      > > Jules

    • clarkn71
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 12, 2014
        I think I need a screenshot of the general settings