Re: Running WUHU without a weather station

  • Juha Jäntti
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
      Heath,

      Thanks. I will send the file to you shortly.

      I assume file monitoring works in a way that WUHU looks at the
      timestamp of the file being monitored and if the timestamp is changed,
      WUHU counts it as "changed" and runs actions accordingly.

      Because the La Crosse station is no more, the data really doesn't
      matter, running actions does.

      Grasping the concept why the user wishes to use WUHU as a
      script-running application is actually quite easy: It's the only
      program one knows of that can run file transfer, file copy and other
      command scripts completely silent without Command Prompt window(s)
      popping up in the middle of the screen every time a timed event happens.
      In addition, the user is so accustomed to WUHU's ability to run
      scripts using actions that compiling a batch file to do the same thing
      and running the batch file using Windows' Scheduled Tasks is
      completely out of the question.

      Fo my part, I understand this need completely, since I use actions in
      WUHU to do many automated tasks too.
      If I'd ever had to face the situation where my weather station changes
      to a make and model not (in)directly supported by WUHU, but still need
      those actions to run tasks that would otherwise pop up annoying
      windows every minute (or so), I'd be here asking you for the very same
      thing.

      Best Regards,
      Juha
      Weather Station Operator