Re: Earthquakes

  • fikkaud
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2009
      Quakes are fun to detect. I'm not sure if this has been covered
      earlier, but here's a link to an amateurs network of sesmic stations.
      http://psn.quake.net It tells you how to set up/build your own
      station.

      In my garage I have two sensors, a long period (20s/0,05Hz) and a
      Geophone(4,5Hz). Unfortunately the long period is not online at the
      moment. Hopefully I've got it up and running again before easter
      time.
      With a Long period sensor you can detect quakes from around the
      world with a magnitude >~6
      For now you can look at my geophone here:
      http://vindkast.no/jordskjelv

      regards
      Audun
      http://vindkast.no
      Weather, Lightning & AIS

      <steve_03222@...> wrote:

      > If anyone is interested in earthquakes the USGS site has a place
      > sign up for alerts when earthquakes occur. You can set the area
      you
      > want to track and the magnitude that you want to be alerted to.
      You

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 26, 2009
        Thanks Andun

        Very interesting. Will check it out further this weekend.
        Steve

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "fikkaud"