Tweak "Q"

  • alrjr2001
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 18, 2009
      What exactly does the "Calculate 1Hr and 24Hr Rainfall (Override
      Console, Recommended) do? I "assume" it lets WUHU take over counting
      tips instead of just using the console data but I didnt see any
      explanation in the online users manual. Are most of you guys checking
      that box? I'm trying to get my rain gauge results be track to my
      manual gauge the way they used to, a call to Lacrosse ended in them
      saying to send everything in for possible repair. I was hoping they'd
      simply send me a new rain gauge!

      Thanks In Advance!
      Arnold In The Smokies
      DW1121
    • fikkaud
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 18, 2009
        Hi,
        The console reports 1hr and 24hr (as you can see in the currdat.lst),
        but WUHU can override those values by calclulating them itself. This
        is highly recommended as the console is prone to messing these numbers
        up.
        I'd definately go by WUHU calc for these. Nothing to loose (exept
        bogus rainvalues), all to gain.

        Good luck
        Audun
        http://vindkast.no
        Weather, Lightning & AIS

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alrjr2001"
        <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

        > What exactly does the "Calculate 1Hr and 24Hr Rainfall (Override
        > Console, Recommended) do? I "assume" it lets WUHU take over counting
        > tips instead of just using the console data but I didnt see any
        > explanation in the online users manual. Are most of you guys checking
        > that box? I'm trying to get my rain gauge results be track to my
        > manual gauge the way they used to, a call to Lacrosse ended in them
        > saying to send everything in for possible repair. I was hoping they'd
        > simply send me a new rain gauge!
        >
        > Thanks In Advance!
        > Arnold In The Smokies
        > DW1121

      • Greg
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 18, 2009
          Arnold,

          I have discovered that my OS WMR968 doesn't show bucket tips on the console, just the rate.  It will, however, show you yesterday's total rainfall and the max total rainfall.  The "calculate rainfall" think has to be checked for that station to get the rainfall for the present day.

          The LaCrosse does show rainfall or bucket tips (at 0.02 increments where the OS is 0.04 increments.).  So I think it is not required to be checked for those units.

          I would suggest, if you have one, to compare both ways to using a CoCoRaHS gauge and see which one comes closest to being accurate.

          Greg
          Euchee, TN

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 18, 2009
            Question:
            why when I restart WUHU, does the weather graphs reset the configs to their default
            selections?

            i.e. The rainfall chart config shows: 1 HR, 24 HR, Daily and Total, if I uncheck 24 HR
            and then restart WUHU, the 24 HR comes back checked.

            Is there a option available to keep unchecked configs remembered?

            -Mike
          • Mike
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 30, 2009
              My first occurrence of WUHU ever hanging - had to kill it :-( using task manager.

              Sent the dump to the file section as: WUHU_Hung.zip

              -Mike
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 1 4:03 PM
                Mike,

                What was the original problem? No icon on the task bar so you killed it or were you looking at the main dialog that was not responsive?

                Thanks.

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mike.a.p@...> wrote:

                > My first occurrence of WUHU ever hanging - had to kill it :-( using task manager.
                >
                > Sent the dump to the file section as: WUHU_Hung.zip
                >
                > -Mike

              • Mike
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 1 4:31 PM
                  This time I was looking at the main dialogue and it was un-responsive, hasn't happened
                  since.

                  But I did get a condition a day prior with no icon on the taskbar, and task manager said
                  it was still running - so I had to kill it.

                  -Mike

                  > Mike,
                  >
                  > What was the original problem? No icon on the task bar so you killed it or were you looking at the main
                  > dialog that was not responsive?
                  >
                  > Thanks.
                  >
                  > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroup s.com, "Mike" <mike.a.p@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > My first occurrence of WUHU ever hanging - had to kill it :-( using task manager.
                  > >
                  > > Sent the dump to the file section as: WUHU_Hung.zip
                  > >
                  > > -Mike

                • Mike
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 1 5:34 PM
                    Just discovered that Microsoft has released (Feb'09) updated drivers for the USB
                    serial port. For anyone having problems with hang-ups, I'd suggest you try the new
                    drivers for XP - I can't comment on their success.

                    -Mike
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 2 3:01 AM
                      Mike,

                      Let me know if you see more issues.

                      That icon on the taskbar has been an issue for sometime. There is an apparent bug in Windows where it says that the icon has been displayed but it really did not. I have looked over several articles but none of the proposed solutions work.