Re: Inaccurate Rain Readings After Reset

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12 3:19 AM
      Arnold,

      You might need to inspect your gauge. Sometimes debris can clog in the
      inlet leading to lower than expected readings.

      Also, to make sure it is not a software issue, note the rain totals
      before and after a rainfall to see if the report makes sense.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alrjr2001"
      <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

      > Hi Folks - Has anyone ever noted readings from the rain gauge became
      > inaccurate after a reset? I reset at the start of the year & began to
      > notice a difference between my "analog" rain gauge outside & the
      > 2317's readings, previous to this they tracked very closely. Today we
      > had a real good downpour & the regular rain gauge outdoors reads
      > approx. .7" while the LaCrosse reads only .14"(24 hour reading). The
      > .7 reading is very close to surrounding stations. Any ideas would be
      > GREAT:-)
      >
      > Thanks In Advance
      > Arnold In The Smokies
      > DW1121

    • alrjr2001
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12 6:48 PM
        Thanks - I'll have to take a closer look, my original thought was
        maybe a leaf was laying in there and I used my regular ladder to reach
        up and I didnt feel anything, I'll have to get the bigger ladder to
        get a peek inside:-)