Re: Inaccurate Rain Readings After Reset

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2009
      Arnold,

      You might need to inspect your gauge. Sometimes debris can clog in the
      inlet leading to lower than expected readings.

      Also, to make sure it is not a software issue, note the rain totals
      before and after a rainfall to see if the report makes sense.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alrjr2001"
      <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

      > Hi Folks - Has anyone ever noted readings from the rain gauge became
      > inaccurate after a reset? I reset at the start of the year & began to
      > notice a difference between my "analog" rain gauge outside & the
      > 2317's readings, previous to this they tracked very closely. Today we
      > had a real good downpour & the regular rain gauge outdoors reads
      > approx. .7" while the LaCrosse reads only .14"(24 hour reading). The
      > .7 reading is very close to surrounding stations. Any ideas would be
      > GREAT:-)
      >
      > Thanks In Advance
      > Arnold In The Smokies
      > DW1121

    • alrjr2001
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2009
        Thanks - I'll have to take a closer look, my original thought was
        maybe a leaf was laying in there and I used my regular ladder to reach
        up and I didnt feel anything, I'll have to get the bigger ladder to
        get a peek inside:-)