WUHU (auto) Startup

  • streeterdan
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 8, 2009
      Hello WuHu_Software.
      I have been successfully running WuHu for several months, uploading to
      WU. The program starts and runs great with no errors if I start it by double
      clicking the icon on my desktop (Windows XP Prof.). However when I use
      Windows Startup to automatically start it, it aborts. I get an error message
      saying "Unable to locate Version information, aborting". At this point I can
      still double click the desktop icon and it comes up normally.
      Have you seen this before?
      I'd like to feel assured that when I'm away during a power interuption that
      the program will come back up okay when power is restored.
      Thank you for any help you can provide.

      Dan
    • Greg
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 8, 2009
        The first thing I would do is to verify that the shortcut in your startup folder is pointing to the right program file.  If you right click on the icon and then click find target, it will show you what it's trying to start.

        If that's not it, maybe one of the smart guys here can help.

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 8, 2009
          Thanks for the quick reply. That was the first thing I verified. I even
          deleted the old one and made a new entry to be sure. The desktop icon
          properties (that work ok) matches the startup paths/directories.
          Thanks again.
          Dan

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Greg <gw33340@...>
          wrote:

          > The first thing I would do is to verify that the shortcut in your startup
          folder is pointing to the right program file.  If you right click on the icon
          and then click find target, it will show you what it's trying to start.

          > If that's not it, maybe one of the smart guys here can help.

        • streeterdan
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 8, 2009
            Actually Greg you were right! I went back and triple checked and
            realized the Windows Startup entry for WuHu was an application not a
            shortcut. (doh!) Anyway changed it to a shortcut and "she's good to go
            now". Thanks again and best regards.

            wrote:

            > The first thing I would do is to verify that the shortcut in your startup
            folder is pointing to the right program file.  If you right click on the icon
            and then click find target, it will show you what it's trying to start.

            > If that's not it, maybe one of the smart guys here can help.

          • Greg
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 8, 2009
              I'm glad everything worked out for you!