Re: Quake-Catcher Network Update

    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 8, 2009
      I approached a local school and they were very interested. It is the
      same school that I help install a PWS at. I offered to pay the $5.00
      for their sensor, so it will not cost the school anything. I will help
      them set it up and work on the interactive demo for them.

      Steve
    • rob.sokolowski
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 9, 2009
        <steve_03222@...> wrote:

        > Quake-Shake Sensor is on it's way. Should be interesting. From what
        > read, you laptop users already have an accelerometer built into the
        > laptop, I had no clue, so you just need the softwware.
        >
        > Steve

        Hi All I have been running QCN with a USB sensor since November.It's a
        great project! I had no idea I would get so many triggers here in
        Maine!! Check it out! Rob
      • Norman E. Avila G.
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 9, 2009
          Hi Rob,
          I want to put some in Central America, here we definitelly have a lot of quakes big and small

          where i can see the info and what can i spect to have ? coudl i have aN ESTIMATE
          Norman E. Avila G.
          -------------------------------
          USA (415)  287-0310
          GUA (502) 2360-9950

          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 9, 2009
            sorry... estimate of position and magnitude in realtime after an event ???

            thanks

            Norman E. Avila G.
            -------------------------------
            USA (415)  287-0310
            GUA (502) 2360-9950

            <steve_03222@...> wrote:

            > Quake-Shake Sensor is on it's way. Should be interesting. From what
            > read, you laptop users already have an accelerometer built into the
            > laptop, I had no clue, so you just need the softwware.
            >
            > Steve

            Hi All I have been running QCN with a USB sensor since November.It's a
            great project! I had no idea I would get so many triggers here in
            Maine!! Check it out! Rob

          • Greg
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 9, 2009
              It seems like a really interesting project.  I may invest in a unit when I get my tax refund.

              sorry... estimate of position and magnitude in realtime after an event ???

              thanks

              Norman E. Avila G.
              ------------ --------- --------- -
              USA (415)  287-0310
              GUA (502) 2360-9950

              On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 10:09 AM, rob.sokolowski <dadtrekster@ gmail.com> wrote:

              --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "steve_03222"

              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 9, 2009
                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Norman E. Avila G."

                <neavilag@...>wrote:

                > > Hi Rob,
                > > I want to put some in Central America, here we definitelly have
                a lot of
                > > quakes big and small
                > >
                > > where i can see the info and what can i spect to have ? coudl i
                have aN
                > > ESTIMATE
                > > Norman E. Avila G.
                > > -------------------------------
                > > USA (415) 287-0310
                > > GUA (502) 2360-9950
                > >

                > > On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 10:09 AM, rob.sokolowski
                <dadtrekster@...>wrote:

                > >> --- In
                wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%
                40yahoogroups.com>,

                From what

                > >> Hi All I have been running QCN with a USB sensor since
                November.It's a
                > >> great project! I had no idea I would get so many triggers here
                in
                > >> Maine!! Check it out! Rob
                > >>

                > >Hi Norman check out their website http://qcn.stanford.edu/,all
                kinds of info there! Rob

              • alrjr2001
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 9, 2009
                  Thats funny in our old house the floor in the utility room vibrated
                  pretty good with the front load washer spinning too:-)

                  Arnold In The Smokies
                  DW1121

                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Greg <gw33340@...> wrote:

                  > I have no idea if my laptop has an accelerometer or not. I'm afraid
                  that if I were to upload vibrations via the laptop, it would signal an
                  earthquake every spin cycle on the washing machine!

                • alrjr2001
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 9, 2009
                    Yeah I offered to pay the $5 as well & it didnt garner a reply other
                    then "they'd have the science coordinator look into it". I thought at
                    a minimum it would be good for the kids to learn what an accelerometer
                    was & how it worked. This was at the elementary school, maybe I should
                    ask the high school. It also could be since were in North Carolina
                    they dont see a point but earthquakes do occur on rare occasions here.

                    Arnold In The Smokies
                    DW1121

                    <steve_03222@...> wrote:

                    > I approached a local school and they were very interested. It is the
                    > same school that I help install a PWS at. I offered to pay the $5.00
                    > for their sensor, so it will not cost the school anything. I will help
                    > them set it up and work on the interactive demo for them.
                    >
                    > Steve

                  • Greg
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 9, 2009
                      Arnold,

                      I know the attached shows mostly east TN, but it is pretty close to your area:

                      recent earthquakes

                      Maybe this will help.

                      Greg

                      <steve_03222@ ...> wrote:

                      > I approached a local school and they were very interested. It is the
                      > same school that I help install a PWS at. I offered to pay the $5.00
                      > for their sensor, so it will not cost the school anything. I will help
                      > them set it up and work on the interactive demo for them.
                      >
                      > Steve

                    • alrjr2001
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 10, 2009
                        Thats a cool site, we used to use that a lot when we lived in CA :-)

                        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Greg <gw33340@...> wrote:

                        > Arnold,
                        >
                        > I know the attached shows mostly east TN, but it is pretty close to
                        your area:

                        > recent earthquakes
                        >
                        > Maybe this will help.
                        >
                        > Greg

                      • Jaye Ellen
                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 10, 2009
                          could anyone remind me how to get the software for earthquake detection?

                          Jaye Ellen, KTNGALLA2

                          On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 7:33 PM, alrjr2001 <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

                          Thats a cool site, we used to use that a lot when we lived in CA :-)

                          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Greg <gw33340@...> wrote:

                          > Arnold,
                          >
                          > I know the attached shows mostly east TN, but it is pretty close to
                          your area:

                          > recent earthquakes
                          >
                          > Maybe this will help.
                          >
                          > Greg

                        • Greg
                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 10, 2009
                            Quake Catcher

                            On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 7:33 PM, alrjr2001 <alrjr2001@yahoo. com> wrote:

                            Thats a cool site, we used to use that a lot when we lived in CA :-)

                            --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, Greg <gw33340@...> wrote:

                            > Arnold,
                            >
                            > I know the attached shows mostly east TN, but it is pretty close to
                            your area:

                            > recent earthquakes
                            >
                            > Maybe this will help.
                            >
                            > Greg

                          • alrjr2001
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 11, 2009
                              Here ya go Jaye:

                              http://qcn-web.stanford.edu/index.php

                              The links for the software are on the upper right side.

                              Arnold In The Smokies
                              DW1121

                              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Jaye Ellen