About Action on Alerts thresholds and an specific action

  • Norman E. Avila G.
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2009
      Hi, i want to setup alerts in WUHU, seems like an interesting feature
      I have managed to send me a SMS (via a php script made for me to SMS) when my weatherstation detects a Wind gust above 50kph and is working fine, just that receive like 3 or 4 sms with the same info.

      I put 50k as alert and 40 as reset, but will like to fine tune this for other parameters for example
      1. Temp below 10C
      2. Rain in 24hrs above 50mm

      in this cases the value when temp is falling or ir rains it will trigger, but the condition will remain, for example 51mm, will this make to receive a lot of SMS ?? how is this configurable ???

      the other, is same as this will like to receive a weather report with all parameters , not an alert but a programated action lets say every hour, is this possible ?

      thanks

      Norman E. Avila G.
      -------------------------------
      USA (415)  287-0310
      GUA (502) 2360-9950

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2009
        Norman,

        You will notice next to each variable there is a < or >.

        If it is a < variable, when the actual reading is less than your
        setting, it will fire the action. The action will not fire again
        until the "Reset" value has been reached.

        So if it is low outdoor temp (<) is 5 degrees, with a reset of 15,
        the action will fire once below 5, but will not fire again until the
        temp goes back up to at least 15. This prevents the action from
        happening all the time.

        If you mess up your values and resets, the action will fire all the
        time.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Norman E. Avila G."