Problem with wind chill readings

  • Chris Hayman
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2009
      Hello everyone. For some reason, I am having problems with my wind chill readings on my station. I tried to use the override weather station settings for wind chill readings on the software, but they are still showing up as higher than the outside temperature readings on my site.  Please use the following link to see my Maple Grove Cemetery weather station values. http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=44622&MR=1

      Thanks in advance for your help.

      Chris
    • Greg

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2009
          That's strange. Even now, I am seeing temp of 24 and wc of 19. Earlier, I saw a temp of 25 and a wc of 27. This is what I normally see. Oh well. Maybe I am going crazy. I will have to keep an eye on it.

          thanks for the info.

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2009
            On my site, the temp is 26 and the windchill is 27.  I guess their calculator is not doing such a good job today.  I assume they calculate it there at WU.  Does anybody know?

            From: Chris Hayman <haymanc75@yahoo. com>
            To: wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com
            Date: Wednesday, February 4, 2009, 2:34 PM

          • toms-weather@ameritech.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 5, 2009
              Hey Chris,

              For some reason the site does not update windchill as it does other
              data, but if you refresh the page you will see the windchill update.

              If you want to see what you are sending you can uncheck the "Only
              Errors" box on the WUHU Log and scroll across until you find the
              windchill data to compare to the data seen on the uploader. This won't
              always match either if you are have enabled "Report only Average
              Windspeed and Direction".

              I had found the same thing a while back and was really quite bothered by
              it until I figured it out.

              Tom.

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Chris Hayman <haymanc75@...>
              wrote:

              > Hello everyone. For some reason, I am having problems with my wind
              chill readings on my station. I tried to use the override weather
              station settings for wind chill readings on the software, but they are
              still showing up as higher than the outside temperature readings on my
              site. Please use the following link to see my Maple Grove Cemetery
              weather station values.
              http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=44622&\
              MR=1

              > Thanks in advance for your help.
              >
              > Chris

            • Chris Hayman
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 5, 2009
                Thanks Tom. I'm glad to know I'm not going totally crazy :-). I wonder why they don't update the site with the rest of the rapid fire data. Are there other sites that do a better job of updating data like wind chill? Just curious.

                Thanks