Re: WMR968 posted for sale on Weather Forum

  • va3xq
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009
      That was probably me, picked up a a 968 for $100 new in box. Was
      received as a gift but they were not interested in it and put it up
      for sale. Got it up and running and it's pretty cool
      jeff

      > Recently someone here mentioned that they wanted to get toss a La Crosse
      > and buy a WMR968.
      >
      > On a weather forum, there is someone selling a like new one for $140.
      >
      > That is a pretty good price if you are interested.
      >
      > Click here <http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=2995.0> to view the
      > message.

    • Don
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009
        I'm negotiating with the owner to purchase his.  I've currently got a LaCrosse 2317 but the rain guage is a little flaky.  Sometime it works just fine but the last rain we had didn't budge it.  I know I could just replace it for around $40 but I would like to move up to something a tad better myself.

        If I read correctly I should be able to unplug the LaCrosse and plug in the OS and WUHU should just keep going right?  Yeah, I'll stop it first but I don't think I need to do anything else do I?

        Don

        --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "wuhu_software"
        <wuhu_software@ ...> wrote:

        > Recently someone here mentioned that they wanted to get toss a La Crosse
        > and buy a WMR968.
        >
        > On a weather forum, there is someone selling a like new one for $140.
        >
        > That is a pretty good price if you are interested.
        >
        > Click here <http://www.wxforum. net/index. php?topic= 2995.0> to view the
        > message.

      • Don
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009
          Just checked WUHU and I see all I should need to do is stop it and change to the WMR.

          Don

          <wuhu_software@ ...> wrote:

          > Recently someone here mentioned that they wanted to get toss a La Crosse
          > and buy a WMR968.
          >
          > On a weather forum, there is someone selling a like new one for $140.
          >
          > That is a pretty good price if you are interested.
          >
          > Click here <http://www.wxforum. net/index. php?topic= 2995.0> to view the
          > message.

        • Greg
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009
            Yes, it works very well and the change over is very simple.  Make sure the com port stays the same.  And if you had any offsets or bias added, be sure to take that out.