Re: New to this

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 29, 2009
      The station ID should be in caps, the password is case sensitive.

      Also, make sure the checkbox in the upper right hand corner of the
      Weather Underground section is checked. If it is not checked, uploads
      will be disabled.

      In the WU section, below password, there is a couple of numbers. The
      meaning is success/attempts. If those numbers are not changing,
      uploads are not happening.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "SCOTT" <SCOTTJENGLE@...>

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 29, 2009
        Scott have you installed WUHU software ?

      • SCOTTJENGLE@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 29, 2009
          DAA, NO DID NOT SEE IT. WHERE DO I FIND IT? THOUGHT HEAVY WEATHER DID IT ALL

        • mike.a.p@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 29, 2009
            Seems like we're getting several new members, based on holiday aquisistions of weather stations (tand his is great), but it looks like folks have stumbled into this group, expecting that the software that they acquired with their weather stations will upload their data, such that a lot of the resent traffic revolves around the requests about how to obtain the excellent software of WUHU. I would suggest that the moderator of this group, re-work the group description, to highlight the WUHU tool a little more clearly to enable uploads, based on these expectations.

            While I don't ever want to discourage new members, we seem to be sending similar details on WUHU to these folks - this could be avoided if we provide clearer pointers to the tool and a readme as part of the general group description.

            Please don't take this as a negative comment about new members, this is great for the general weather community, but we seem to be repeating ourselves for new members, Just my 2+ cents.

            -Mike

            From: SCOTTJENGLE@...

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 29, 2009
              There is a limitation to the characters you can enter in the group
              description.

              I think "Weather Underground / Heavyweather Uploader" it pretty
              descriptive.

              No biggie, I am sure people will ask for help if they are confused.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 29, 2009

                Scott,

                here is the link to the online manual which is listed in the "link" section

                http://www.lissproductions.com/wuhumanual/

                Here is a link to the software download page;

                http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

                Check it all out and post any questions you may have.

                Steve

              • SCOTTJENGLE@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 29, 2009
                  I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO DOWNLOAD THIS FILE BUT IT WILL NOT OPEN AFTER I DOWNLOAD IT

                  In a message dated 1/29/2009 5:12:08 P.M. Central Standard Time, steve_03222@... writes:
                  http://www.lissprod uctions.com/ wuhumanual/
                • John Liss
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 29, 2009
                    Scott,

                    Couple suggestions.
                    Try to right click on the link and do a save as.
                    Then try unzipping it.

                    What Operating system are you using?  Windows XP?  Do you have Winzip installed or not?

                    -John