New to this

  • SCOTT
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 28, 2009
      I just purchased a Lacrosse ws-2315 sataion. It came with heavy
      weather 2.0 beta. On the computer it shows my weather station on the
      heavy weather screen but thats it. I set up an account with
      weatherunderground.com password etc, it gave me a station location for
      the house ktxconro10. I said it should take 24 hrs to show up but it
      doesn't. When I click the weatherunderground icon in heavy weather it
      shows a screen on weatherunderground with my name and NO DATA. Can
      anyone tell me what I need to do?
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 29, 2009
        The station ID should be in caps, the password is case sensitive.

        Also, make sure the checkbox in the upper right hand corner of the
        Weather Underground section is checked. If it is not checked, uploads
        will be disabled.

        In the WU section, below password, there is a couple of numbers. The
        meaning is success/attempts. If those numbers are not changing,
        uploads are not happening.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "SCOTT" <SCOTTJENGLE@...>

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 29, 2009
          Scott have you installed WUHU software ?

        • SCOTTJENGLE@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 29, 2009
            DAA, NO DID NOT SEE IT. WHERE DO I FIND IT? THOUGHT HEAVY WEATHER DID IT ALL

          • mike.a.p@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 29, 2009
              Seems like we're getting several new members, based on holiday aquisistions of weather stations (tand his is great), but it looks like folks have stumbled into this group, expecting that the software that they acquired with their weather stations will upload their data, such that a lot of the resent traffic revolves around the requests about how to obtain the excellent software of WUHU. I would suggest that the moderator of this group, re-work the group description, to highlight the WUHU tool a little more clearly to enable uploads, based on these expectations.

              While I don't ever want to discourage new members, we seem to be sending similar details on WUHU to these folks - this could be avoided if we provide clearer pointers to the tool and a readme as part of the general group description.

              Please don't take this as a negative comment about new members, this is great for the general weather community, but we seem to be repeating ourselves for new members, Just my 2+ cents.

              -Mike

              From: SCOTTJENGLE@...

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 29, 2009
                There is a limitation to the characters you can enter in the group
                description.

                I think "Weather Underground / Heavyweather Uploader" it pretty
                descriptive.

                No biggie, I am sure people will ask for help if they are confused.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 29, 2009

                  Scott,

                  here is the link to the online manual which is listed in the "link" section

                  http://www.lissproductions.com/wuhumanual/

                  Here is a link to the software download page;

                  http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

                  Check it all out and post any questions you may have.

                  Steve

                • SCOTTJENGLE@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 29, 2009
                    I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO DOWNLOAD THIS FILE BUT IT WILL NOT OPEN AFTER I DOWNLOAD IT

                    In a message dated 1/29/2009 5:12:08 P.M. Central Standard Time, steve_03222@... writes:
                    http://www.lissprod uctions.com/ wuhumanual/
                  • John Liss
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 29, 2009
                      Scott,

                      Couple suggestions.
                      Try to right click on the link and do a save as.
                      Then try unzipping it.

                      What Operating system are you using?  Windows XP?  Do you have Winzip installed or not?

                      -John