Re: Sending history to WUHU

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
      As far as uploading to CWOP, they only want the latest weather data
      (if you want to upload once per hour, that is ok).

      I am not sure, but I do not believe that WU is prepared to deal with
      queued data. I do not believe we send the time stamp of the weather
      data to them. That being the case, they probably cannot deal with
      queued data either.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "David Higgins"
      <higginsdj@b...> wrote:
      > Is there a way to send the stations history to WUHU as opposed to
      > current values?
      >
      > I'll have my gear on and recording 24/7 but I will only connect to
      the
      > web every now and then and want all that data to be uploaded.
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > David Higgins
      > E14
      > Canberra, Australia
      > http://users.bigpond.com/higginsdj
    • David Higgins
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
        Then one has to wonder why they bother storing the data at all! It
        seems like an awful waste not to be able to upload data for those
        that are not always online.

        Cheers

        David

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2005
          Shaun from WU replied to me with the format his server expects to
          get and this includes the UTC date time stamp so he could not see
          any probems with sending 'historical' data up (presumably in the
          correct order rather than randomly).

          Sample line (its a formed URL)

          /weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php?
          ID=stationID&PASSWORD=password&dateutc=2005-01-28+05%3A41%
          3A38&winddir=174&windspeedmph=33.0&windgustmph=40.0&tempf=40.80&raini
          n=0.00&baro
          min=30.24&dewptf=35.12&humidity=80&weather=&clouds=CLR&softwaretype=t
          ype
          &action=updateraw

          Note that for '+05%3A41%3A38', the + means UTC is ahead of the
          station's time, 05 is the UTC hour, 41 is the UTC minutes and 38 is
          the UTC seconds.

          I think the rest is pretty self explainatory.

          Cheers

          David