Sending history to WUHU

  • David Higgins
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
      Is there a way to send the stations history to WUHU as opposed to
      current values?

      I'll have my gear on and recording 24/7 but I will only connect to the
      web every now and then and want all that data to be uploaded.

      Cheers

      David Higgins
      E14
      Canberra, Australia
      http://users.bigpond.com/higginsdj
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
        As far as uploading to CWOP, they only want the latest weather data
        (if you want to upload once per hour, that is ok).

        I am not sure, but I do not believe that WU is prepared to deal with
        queued data. I do not believe we send the time stamp of the weather
        data to them. That being the case, they probably cannot deal with
        queued data either.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "David Higgins"

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
          Then one has to wonder why they bother storing the data at all! It
          seems like an awful waste not to be able to upload data for those
          that are not always online.

          Cheers

          David

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5, 2005
            Shaun from WU replied to me with the format his server expects to
            get and this includes the UTC date time stamp so he could not see
            any probems with sending 'historical' data up (presumably in the
            correct order rather than randomly).

            Sample line (its a formed URL)

            /weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php?
            ID=stationID&PASSWORD=password&dateutc=2005-01-28+05%3A41%
            3A38&winddir=174&windspeedmph=33.0&windgustmph=40.0&tempf=40.80&raini
            n=0.00&baro
            min=30.24&dewptf=35.12&humidity=80&weather=&clouds=CLR&softwaretype=t
            ype
            &action=updateraw

            Note that for '+05%3A41%3A38', the + means UTC is ahead of the
            station's time, 05 is the UTC hour, 41 is the UTC minutes and 38 is
            the UTC seconds.

            I think the rest is pretty self explainatory.

            Cheers

            David